2 replies to this topic

#1 jonlanz

jonlanz

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:31 PM

I would like to be able to control playback of the RAM flipbook preview while in fullscreen.. I know you can play/stop by double-clicking, but I'd really like to be able to scrub, frame advance, view R/G/B/A etc.. just like a regular view.
I guess what I am looking for is IRIDAS FRAMECYCLER-type controls built right into the preview. the 'transport' controls just don't quite offer enough, and as far as I can see aren't available in fullscreen. or am I just missing something ?

prehaps an alternative could be: While viewing a preview in fullscreen, have the default view controls operate the preview.. ie. space is play/stop, [] for frame advance, home, end, etc...

anyone else wish this? or maybe I am just missing something :D
-- Jon

#2 Daniel Koch

Daniel Koch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:38 AM

Apart from double-clicking to play/stop, you can scrub by clicking on the image and dragging left <-> right. Frame advance/back is possible with the left & right arrow keys. Shift-arrows moves you 10 frames at a time.

[ and ] will still move the flow's current time, and spacebar will play the flow normally when looking at a windowed flipbook, but will play and stop the flipbook when in fullscreen. Shift-space (or shift-double-click) will play backwards.

Incidentally, holding down shift while stopping playback will pop up a useful playback report - good for testing the speed of your new gfx card. Shift-Stop in fullscreen mode still pops up the report, but you won't see it until you exit fullscreen mode (Escape is a quick way to exit fullscreen too).

#3 jonlanz

jonlanz

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:42 PM

Thanks ! I new I had to be missing something.. so far, I am completely blown away by how 'complete', user friendly, intuitive, fast and downright well done the entire DF ui is...

I am coming from Combustion, btw... need I say more ? <_<

-- Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users