7 replies to this topic

#1 Razor

Razor

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

I am an “ancient” Speed Razor user and like others guys I encountered a “huge” problem.
I use a Workstation with DPS Perception video capture board and A4V board for audio capture.
So a few days ago my A4V board crashed and I was forced to buy an ordinary audio board.
But surprise!
After I captured my footage and start work, I saw that my AV sync is “far away”.
I play the material from the beginning and after 10 min my audio was out of sync with 2 frames.
Normally I cut the audio and I repositioned with 2 frames delay, but isn’t a professional works, especially when the client is with you.
So my questions for you guys are:

1. If anybody encountered this problem what was the solution for that?
2. If anybody knows an audio board that work ok with Perception.

Thx

#2 Doug Collins

Doug Collins

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:37 PM

Is the audio out of sync from the start, or does it only drift out of sync?

Antex Studio card works with perception, but it's not cheap. With the Antex card you need to run a sync cable from the PVR.

Doug Collins

#3 Razor

Razor

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:36 AM

Is the audio out of sync from the start, or does it only drift out of sync?

Antex Studio card works with perception, but it's not cheap.  With the Antex card you need to run a sync cable from the PVR.

Doug Collins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Doug
Thx for your response.
No, my audio is sincro on the start but after 10 min. is out of sync with 2 frames.
Isn't much on 10 min. but i9f you want to play 90 min. is too much.
If you or anybody else have another ideea or other solution I will appreciate.

#4 Doug Collins

Doug Collins

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

There is a setting in Speed Razor, Editing Settings, under Audio Input that will compensate for audio drift. There is a long explanation in the Help File on how to set it. Search for syncronization in the Help file.

Lynx is another alternative sound card that can lock to the PVR card.

Good Luck,

Doug Collins

#5 jaymcc

jaymcc

Piglet

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

I am an “ancient” Speed Razor user and like others guys I encountered a “huge” problem.
I use a Workstation with DPS Perception video capture board and A4V  board for audio capture.
So a few days ago my A4V board crashed and I was forced to buy an ordinary audio board.
But surprise!
After I captured my footage and start work,  I saw that my AV sync is “far away”.
I play the material from the beginning and after 10 min my audio was out of sync with 2 frames.
Normally I cut the audio and I repositioned with 2 frames delay, but isn’t a professional works, especially when the client is with you.
So my questions for you guys are:

1. If anybody encountered this problem what was the solution for that?
2. If anybody knows an audio board that work ok with Perception.   

Thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 jaymcc

jaymcc

Piglet

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

Doug,
I recently moved to Digisuite and am retiring an Antex SC form my PVR system, if interested. I vaguely remember working through that audio sync problem and then settling on the antex card that synced flawlessly.

Jay McCollum

#7 rolly

rolly

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

There is a setting in Speed Razor, Editing Settings, under Audio Input that will compensate for audio drift.  There is a long explanation in the Help File on how to set it. Search for syncronization in the Help file.

Lynx is another alternative sound card that can lock to the PVR card.

Good Luck,

Doug Collins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi Doug, my name is Rolly and im writing from sunny Kenya !
i use the same setup as user with audio problems (ie DPS perception / A4V / speed razor) ... iv never experienced sync problem to date as i normally work on short tv commercials (longest project ever 10 min long) !

however i am currently working on 80+ minutes programm at the moment (for eventual transfer to DVD) and am concerned that i might have same problem, when i run the project into this length !

i usually log onto pigsfly forum whenever im feeling ALL ALONE in the Perception World !! and try to catch up on old time users ... you recommend adjusting editing settings under audio input but i cant seem to find this option ??

in addition my help does not even list a topic titled "Syncronization" ?? am i using very old version of speed razor ? (build Feb 12 1998) ??

please do reply and have a nice day

ROLLY CHOUDRIE

#8 Doug Collins

Doug Collins

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hi Rolly,

The setting is under Editing Settings, Audio Input is version 2000. Sounds like you are running version 4.x and I don't know if the same setting exists in that version or not. However, you don't have the same setup as in the original post. As I understand it, the user experienced the problem only after changing audio cards from the A4V. If you have the A4V, then you should have any sync problems. Have you experienced any problems, or are you just fearing them?

Thanks,

Doug Collins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users