11 replies to this topic

#1 stevie_d

stevie_d

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:28 PM

Could someone explain to me how to change (or modify) the center of my polyshape? I want to be able to place the crosshairs in the middle of my shape and be able to modify it (such as scale, rotate and/or transform) based on the new positioning.

thanks for your help,
stevie_d

#2 hiphopcr

hiphopcr

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:46 PM

You can always place the spline over the center pivot before you start animating, but it's better to use the keyboard shortcuts: T for rotate, S for scale, and X and Y for scaling the X and Y axis. Wherever your mouse is on the screen is the pivot point. Very powerful and very fast!

#3 stevie_d

stevie_d

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

You can always place the spline over the center pivot before you start animating, but it's better to use the keyboard shortcuts: T for rotate, S for scale, and X and Y for scaling the X and Y axis. Wherever your mouse is on the screen is the pivot point. Very powerful and very fast!

Thank you for your quick response but I would still like to know if it is possible to change the pivot point(aka anchor, center) to wherever whenever I want. I know that this is possible in other programs such as Shake where all you have to do is hold down the CTRL key and drag and drop the pivot anywhere on the screen. This can be very useful when you want to move your whole shape when you are keying it from frame to frame.

Thanks,
Stevie_d

#4 sam

sam

Piglet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hey Steve,

When you finish making your poly or mask, press the "M" on your keyboard and drag where you want the pivot to be

I hope that helps ;)

#5 anniyan

anniyan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:11 AM

Hey Steve,

When you finish making your poly or mask, press the "M" on your keyboard and drag where you want the pivot to be

I hope that helps ;)

Thanx sam

#6 stevie_d

stevie_d

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Sam & Hiphopcr for the replies. So I will assume that they're is no way of moving the pivot into my polyshape once it is completed. If someone does figures out a way to do it then I would like to know because ideally I don't want to have to move my shape once its finished.

Thanks again,
stevie_d

#7 sam

sam

Piglet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Sam & Hiphopcr for the replies. So I will assume that they're is no way of moving the pivot into my polyshape once it is completed. If someone does figures out a way to do it then I would like to know because ideally I don't want to have to move my shape once its finished.

Thanks again,
stevie_d

Steve,

By holding down the "M" on your keyboard you should be able to drag the pivot anywhere you want.

I really don't know what else you want

Sam

#8 plasticpod

plasticpod

Piglet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:57 AM

one way to do this in df is to select all the points of the shape, shift-p publish them, move the pivot, unpublish. if it's a shape in paint you can also add it to its own group, and then drag the pivot of the group while holding ctrl.

#9 stevie_d

stevie_d

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hey Sam,
Sorry about the previous post. I guess I didn't see your reply before I wrote back but holding down "M" is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for your help.

Stevie_d

ps. I don't want anything else....for now, lol.

Thanks again,
stevie_d

Steve,

By holding down the "M" on your keyboard you should be able to drag the pivot anywhere you want.

Sam

#10 sam

sam

Piglet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:13 AM

Hey Sam,
Sorry about the previous post. I guess I didn't see your reply before I wrote back but holding down "M" is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for your help.

Stevie_d

ps. I don't want anything else....for now, lol.

Thanks again,
stevie_d

Steve,

Sam

nO wORRIES :m

Anyway I can help

#11 1Madlunatic

1Madlunatic

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hi :]

I was scanning the forums to find a solution to rotating a rotospline when I bumped into this one,
thanks for the answers, looks like holding M and dragging did what I want....only problem now is I'm creating a rotospline for an object that's moving around (subjects hand), and I moved the pivot to his hand and started rotating it....however when I move the spline to match his hand in the next few frames, the pivot stays still :[

Can I somehow lock the pivot to the center of my spline following it where ever?

#12 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi!
don't know what You want to do, but using shortcuts like T (for rotation), X (for x scale), Y (for Yscale), S (for scale) basically You don't have to adjust Your pivot point, since those shortcuts work around Your mouse pointer :)
I would move a pivot point only to adjust it to tracker position or sth like that, i cant think of any other reason..

btw. out of curiosity - do You Folks use center, angle, etc of a mask while roto-ing or do You move the shape itself. I've found i seldom use center (tracker) and I think i've never used an angle.

cheers
marek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users