• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kman3d

kman3d

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:04 AM

When I open the bin window, all i get is "Librery on localhost [Access Denied]" and then it switches to [Unavailable]...
I cannot add new Items or any thing....

Please help :)

I'm running Fusion 5.1

Thnx....
  • tbrucec485 likes this

#2 mikebeckman

mikebeckman

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

I've been getting that message on and off for quite a while now. I was hoping that 5.1 would have fixed it (I'm in the middle of a project, so I haven't upgraded from 5.02 to 5.1 yet)...but from your post it seems as though it is still an issue.
The only thing I could think to do was redirect the bin path in the preferences, but that didn't work. The bin folder shows as empty.

#3 pantone

pantone

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

Are you using NOD32 Antivirus ?

I had the same problem with Bins but it was worst then that, shortcuts didnt work as well as No Save as...

Im curious to know which Antivirus you are using and if you have a Firewall.

thanks !

Eric.

#4 SalaTar

SalaTar

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

When I open the bin window, all i get is "Librery on localhost [Access Denied]" and then it switches to [Unavailable]...

Thnx....

I got that once when I messed with admin account in prefs when set to a bins server...Reinstalled Fusion and it was fine again

#5 kman3d

kman3d

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

I'm using AVG with Firewall and a Router, but I've disabled it, and it still didn't help...

Pantone did you disable "Simple file sharing" in Windows? couse i too had problems with saving and dialogs just hang Fusion... If so, you need to see the Security Tab in the Folder Fusion Installed in... I didn't have My user Set to Full Control... After I Changed that it all worked fine....

SalaTar what did you do that messed it up? are you talking about Bin security maby? couse I dont have any settings there... (It's all blank) and if I try to add a user it doesn't save it... I've try everything...
I also belive it got somthing to do with Premmisions in my case... I just don't know where... maby registary...
Please did any one else had this problem?

#6 repiter

repiter

Piglet

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:55 AM

Hi
I have the same problem.
I`m using NOD32 under WinXP Pro. I switched off antivir, set "full control" for Fusion folder and it`s still the same. I don`t have access to bins, "Save as" doesn`t work, and i cannot render... The Render button is not working at all.
Looks like Fusion cannot write anything to disk.
I have the same problem with 5.02 and 5.1
Please, help

#7 repiter

repiter

Piglet

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:17 AM

Yeah
Now i have access to bin, but..
I still cannot render, save etc.
And my shortcuts lika "Ctrl+S" doesn`t work as well.
I will create another topic, becouse i think that my bin-problem is now solved.
I was logged in to a domain, now i`m logged just on my computer, as admin.

#8 skonrad

skonrad

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

You'll have to put eyeonscript/eyeonserver/fusion/fusion directory on exception lists for the IMON and AMON and then reboot.

#9 Attila Sziklai

Attila Sziklai

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:37 AM

Check the task manager if eyeonScript.exe and eyeonServer.exe after you start Fusion.
If any of these does not run then your antivir software blocking it and you have to setup that.
About nod32 skonrad is right.

#10 LP2007

LP2007

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

We are having exactly the same problem here. Fusion 5.02 works fine, but 5.1 will give the "localhost: access denied" or "localhost: unavailabe" message, won't import footage directly (only works by adding a loader to the flow), and freezes when some tools are used or, sometimes, when we press "Render".

Fusion 5.1's folders are set to allow full control by everyone, the firewall (Sygate Pro) is configured to filter only traffic on the WAN connection (and doesn't register any blocked connections from Fusion, anyway), and the AV (SAV 10 Corp.) doesn't log any problems with Fusion, either.

We have also tried disabling the AV and closing the firewall, but it didn't make any difference. We've also uninstalled and reinstalled Fusion, no difference.

Both eyeonScript.exe and eyeonServer.exe are running. Process Explorer shows them running under Fusion.exe, but after we close Fusion.exe, both of them keep running, now as "top" processes, and need to be killed manually.

According to the firewall's analysis tool:

Fusion.exe is connecting successfully from 0.0.0.0:2830 to 127.0.0.1:10251

eyeonScript.exe is connecting successfully from 0.0.0.0:10251 to 127.0.0.1:2830

eyeonScript.exe is connecting successfully from 0.0.0.0:10251 to 127.0.0.1:2858

eyeonServer.exe is connecting successfully from 0.0.0.0:2858 to 127.0.0.1:10251

eyeonScript.exe is listening on port 10251, both TCP and UDP (all the connections above are TCP)

netstat -a shows a ton of connections made by Fusion when it starts. I wonder if the problem could have something to do with the limit that Windows XP imposes on "half-open" TCP connections. When that happens it's usually logged in the system even log, though, but in this case that's not happening.

I will try installing 5.1 on a different system to see if the same thing happens. Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas, please post.

#11 pablogreg

pablogreg

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hi,
Sometimes just disabling the AV doesn't solve the problem, you must uninstall it.
Just to make sure it's not the source of the problem.
Cheers

#12 LP2007

LP2007

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

Even with no processes from the AV running, I get the same error; unless Fusion checks for the presence of certain files on the hard disk and refuses to run if it finds them, that's not it. Anyway, the AV is set to log all its actions, and doesn't complain about anything related to Fusion. I have yet to find any program that has issues with this AV (SAV 10 Corporate).

Whatever is causing this problem seems to be something that changed between 5.02 and 5.1, because we can get 5.02 to run just fine.

#13 Mrelmo

Mrelmo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Even with no processes from the AV running, I get the same error; unless Fusion checks for the presence of certain files on the hard disk and refuses to run if it finds them, that's not it. Anyway, the AV is set to log all its actions, and doesn't complain about anything related to Fusion. I have yet to find any program that has issues with this AV (SAV 10 Corporate).

Whatever is causing this problem seems to be something that changed between 5.02 and 5.1, because we can get 5.02 to run just fine.

I have the same problem now with bullguard, I get this error:

{string "fusion= This App () : fu =fusion; bins=fu..." } : attempt to index global'fu' ( a nil value )

http://www.vfxpedia....AQ/TCP_Blockers

Tried with tech support from bullguard several things to fix the problem, disabled all services related to bullguard and no avail. I only get rid of the error when uninstalling bullguard, which sucks because I am really happy with bullguard. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users