3 replies to this topic

#1 funkplastic

funkplastic

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:04 AM

I boys, yesterday i tried work with the time stretch tool, but i think that i dont understand:(

In the practice comp, i tried stop 10 frames(frist frames), but when i play with the parameteres no work that i wanna ( the tool is crazyyy!:)

i dont understand good the parameteres value in the stretch tool.

somebody can show me a 3 simples comps with stop a few seconds, increase speed, and decrease speed.
this simple example help me, sure:)

#2 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:21 AM

It's simple though: the Source Time parameter indicates the frame you want the source to be at, at the current time in the timeline.

Say you feed a loader in it with a 100 frame clip (0-99).

Now, as an example, at time 0, the Source Time is set to 0. Which means that you will see frame 0 of the Loader at time 0.

You want to play the clip for 2 seconds at normal speed. That means going to frame 49 on the timeline (assuming it's 25 fps), and setting Source Time to 49. So that means that the Source Time will match the timeline from frames 0 to 49.

Now, at frame 49 you want to stop the clip for another few seconds. So you go to frame 99 and set another keyframe with a 49 value. So this means that from frame 49-99 the Source Time (meaning the image visible in the tool) will remain 49 - the same image.

Then, at say frame 109, you set another keyframe, this time set it to 89. This in turn means that over the course of 10 frames the clip will advance 40 frames, so 4 times the speed.

And lastly, at frame 199, set the Source Time to 99. So in the last 90 frames the Source Time will only advance 10 frames and reach the end of the clip...

Hope that makes it a bit clearer... :)

#3 funkplastic

funkplastic

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

perfect explain and nice examples:)

thanks again. now i just playing with the tool a lot of times!!

#4 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:04 AM

Best way to learn! Have fun with it.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users