#1 DoubleSupercool

DoubleSupercool

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Alrighty! Fusion newbie question time again from a Shake user:

Is there a way to manually smooth tracking data/keyframes in the spline editor? It seems that the raw tracking data is initially stored as linear keyframes and you can convert to smooth. I also see that you can reduce the number of keys and also "average" keyframes, but if you do that to the entire shot it doesn't give you any fine control.

So, can you manually control the level of averaging of keyframes in the spline editor or is there some other way to smooth out tracks?

Cheers

#2 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

So, can you manually control the level of averaging of keyframes in the spline editor or is there some other way to smooth out tracks?

http://www.anatomica...hing-animation/
http://www.anatomica...tive-smoothing/

- Chad

#3 DoubleSupercool

DoubleSupercool

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

That looks very awesomely excellent and quite applicable. How do I apply this to the spline editor and the tracker keyframes? Sorry, but as I said, Fusion newbie so I am not sure what is driving what in your comp. I have no idea where to even look for the relevant info and how to change it :(

Edit: Hmmmm, again, seems like there is an XY Path modifer in Fusion 6 which separates out the splines as well. I didn't realise that the spline editor was not showing X/Y information in 5.2. Weird.

Alrighty! Fusion newbie question time again from a Shake user:

Is there a way to manually smooth tracking data/keyframes in the spline editor? It seems that the raw tracking data is initially stored as linear keyframes and you can convert to smooth. I also see that you can reduce the number of keys and also "average" keyframes, but if you do that to the entire shot it doesn't give you any fine control.

Cheers

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

Edit: Hmmmm, again, seems like there is an XY Path modifer in Fusion 6 which separates out the splines as well. I didn't realise that the spline editor was not showing X/Y information in 5.2. Weird.

XY Path lets you set the actual position in the spline view, whereas the default animation uses a spline path and a curve that controls the displacement along the path. This approach lets you easily edit the path in the viewer, and you can easily backtrack or cycle on the path. The XY Path, however, lets you edit the keys and not invalidate keyframes outside of the adjacent keyframes.

- Chad

#5 DoubleSupercool

DoubleSupercool

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Yarp. I just found a link to a script that lets you convert to XY in Fusion 5.2 so at least I can manually smooth out the data. Still annoying that I can't accurately smooth out the curve easily though.

#6 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

Yarp. I just found a link to a script that lets you convert to XY in Fusion 5.2 so at least I can manually smooth out the data. Still annoying that I can't accurately smooth out the curve easily though.

There's the savitzky-golay smoothing Fuse on vfxpedia but I think you need 5.3 for that. So the TRA2XF script is the only solution for 5.2. In Fu6 there's a way to smooth a keyframe curve in the spline editor. If you just need to convert a Bezier path to an XY path, there's also a script on vfxpedia for this.

cheers
Stefan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users