14 replies to this topic

#1 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hello every one. I am new in fusion and I need some help. I want to zoom in the flow just scrolling a mouse wheel and not using keyboard shortcut CTRL+ mouse wheel. but I can't find where I can change this options. I'm using eyeon Fusion 6.14. thanks in advance

P.S. I'm sorry that I opened new topic for just such a question like this but i couldn't find any place to ask

#2 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Left button+middle button also zooms in and out.

#3 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Left button+middle button also zooms in and out.

Thanks for answer. I know this but it is not convenient for me and I'd like to zoom by just scrolling the mouse wheel and not ctrl + mouse wheel. can I do that?

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

In your Fusion.prefs, set CtrlWheelZoom = false,

#5 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

In your Fusion.prefs, set CtrlWheelZoom = false,

I'm sorry but where should I write these formula ? in scripts > edit > hotkey manager? thanks

#6 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

check out the tip here:
http://www.vfxpedia....s#Miscellaneous

Fusion.prefs is a file. I can't remember where it is though. My Documents\eyeon maybe. you can find the location if you go to preferences->path maps->Profiles

#7 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

check out the tip here:
http://www.vfxpedia....s#Miscellaneous

Fusion.prefs is a file. I can't remember where it is though. My Documents\eyeon maybe. you can find the location if you go to preferences->path maps->Profiles

thnks for reply mate. I found the file Fusion.prefs opened it with text editor and changed the CtrlWheelZoom = false like this, but nothing happened :( still need to press ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom in the flow . why is it so hard to achieve the simple modification like this, when it could be done with just one click in preferences like it is in 3ds max or photoshop

#8 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:03 AM

Ok, I looked at the tips page you suggested but now I have another problem, I can't type in my console or paste anything, it is locked. so much headaches for such a simple modification, I guess I have to learn scripting before I start using fusion :-/

#9 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Ok, I looked at the tips page you suggested but now I have another problem, I can't type in my console or paste anything, it is locked. so much headaches for such a simple modification, I guess I have to learn scripting before I start using fusion :-/

I'm sorry I found where to edit text in console, it was down bellow , I was typing in wrong place :) but it is only for views and not for flow , and I can't save it . please help

#10 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Sorry I can't test this right now. Away from computer :-)
Where in Fusion.prefs did you put the line? Did you restart Fusion?

#11 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Sorry I can't test this right now. Away from computer :-)
Where in Fusion.prefs did you put the line? Did you restart Fusion?

yes I restarted fusion many times but still no sense :( I found the line CtrlWheelZoom = false and set it to true but nothing changed in fusion, I also did everything according to this tip :
Zoom using the mousewheel without the Ctrl key
Here's a simple tip for Photoshop users, to allow zooming in & out of display views by using just the mousewheel (instead of the default Ctrl+mousewheel). Type the following into the Console view:

comp:SetPrefs("Comp.Views.Left.CtrlWheelZoom", false)

... but this is actually for views only. it is OK I want to zoom with mouse wheel in views as well but can't save this for future comps. although I did save clicking Settings/Save Defaults...

#12 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

well,the = false line in your prefs is already correct. But which section is it in? (the sections are enclosed in curly braces in the prefs file) I'm asking because the option should be set in a section named Flow or FlowView. You could also try the console command with Comp.Views.FlowView.CtrlWheelZoom, but that's just a guess. Don't know if what you're looking for is even possible. Maybe you should take this to tech support (tech@eyonline) instead :-)

#13 mdharrington

mdharrington

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

marner, i understand wanting to be able to do this coming from other packages...and there is always a good argument for customization..

but the fusion way of doing things requires no keyboard modifier...and once you get used to it is very efficient

#14 marner

marner

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

marner, i understand wanting to be able to do this coming from other packages...and there is always a good argument for customization..

but the fusion way of doing things requires no keyboard modifier...and once you get used to it is very efficient

Ok, I should be more patient to get used to fusion things, but my opinion about the program in general is very positive, it is very easy to start working with it and very capable of doing especially what I want(compositing my render passes and elements) I'm just very newbie in scripting and when it is something going to modify some scripting things even so simple as it is in my case I'm getting in trouble and it makes me little upset to not having chance doing this without scripting. thanks anyway for your support guys :) I'll try once more to get it done by editing in console and if nothing turns out I'll get used to it :)

#15 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Just tried to set Comp.FlowView.CtrlWheelZoom, but it doesn't work unfortunately. Well, you'll get used to the Ctrl key :-) Using a tablet with Fusion rocks, by the way. This is where the middle+left-click zooming works really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users