Attached File  of_nuke.jpg   354.35KB   129 downloads

#2 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

if enough fusion users bug andrew kramer to build one. he will makes one if there is a market for it.

#3 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

AFAIK You can use the AE version in Fusion 32bit... is the Nuke version OFX one? if yes, then You should be able to use it in fusion - Fusion supports OFX...

#4 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

I don't see a Nuke version or any kind of advertising for OFX on their website. Am I not looking in the right place?

#5 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

the plugin is mentioned on Twitter - the screenshot is from there also.. I think it is it some development stage, however Andrew mentions it is coming soon.. here's the link
and a nuke native, i suppose, no mention of OFX...

#6 DavidT

DavidT

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

I just recently got Fusion during the NAB sale and tried getting my copy of Optical Flares working in Fusion 6.1 32bit without any luck. I also tried testing a couple of the basic cycore plugins that come with After Effects CS5 in Fusion 6.1 32bit without any luck. Optical Flares makes it so easy to create a variety of customized flares, it would be nice to have something similar in Fusion.

When I saw that Nuke article yesterday on Video Copilot, I thought about e-mailing Andrew to see if it is an OpenFX plugin. Maybe if enough Fusion users inquire about it being available as an OpenFX plugin, they will consider implementing that or think of switching to OFX for future plugins.

#7 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

My mistake then - Optical Flares doesn't work in Fusion 32bit :(
i'd love to have it as OFX - the most "reasonable" option - most software independent. on the other hand, support for different 3D environments could be tricky..
and judging by comments from Nuke artists, and the popularity of Nuke, nuke native plugin should suffice to generate great income:)

However we should press for fusion/OFX version :) if only for 2D support :)

#8 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

as far as i can see in the screenshot, the nuke version also has no 3d system intergration
sure you can use a the reconcile3d (the nukes node of the locator3d in fusion) to calculate any 3d position into a 2d coordinate but thats not new

#9 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:36 AM

sure You can do all the different 3D-related expressions stuff (size etc), but the thing is to have a nice-looking, quite realistic flare.
I know we have some tools/fuses (thanks Tilt :)) to have a flare, but to have a nice looking one we need to spend some time on it.. And now it gets to the costs :)
Personally i like Optical Flares, if working on a feature alike to Star Trek, it should save a lot of time :)

cheers

#10 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

Thanks xmare :-)
I wrote the AfterEffects export script just to use optical flares. just have to prerender.

Another workaround: You can also use the flare textures of OpticalFlares with my FlareCircle Fuse. It provides a position and rotation output that can be used with an Xf to track an image that always points at the light source.

Maybe I'll write a horizontal streak Fuse someday...

By the way, real flares don't scale with the lightsouce's distance. :-)

#11 protean

protean

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

All this reminds of some lens flare test I stumbled across a while back....

http://www.claudiomi...test/index.html

#12 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yeah! these is great!
that is why i am fond of Optical Flare, i tried to re-create one of the tests using Tilt's fuses and a HotSpot tool. took me a while and more than a couple of nodes, and the result was not "nice"...
or maybe my skillz ain't the sh$$#t :D

#13 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Yep, I've tried to recreate an anamorphic lens flare with Fusion's built in tools, but it's very time consuming, especially when trying to get the small luminance changes that happen when the light source moves around.
In the end I had something like 20 nodes full of animation and things linked to each other...it was a big mess...
Not to mention it was pretty slow.

#14 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

All this reminds of some lens flare test I stumbled across a while back....

http://www.claudiomi...test/index.html

There they are! I was unable to google them. thanks :-)

#15 redoddity

redoddity

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

I want this flare algorithm to be implemented, just for the heck of it :)

• multiabhay likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users