#1 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:00 PM

WARNING:

LEE STRANAHAN learning Digital Fusion SCAM!

If you are interested in Learning Digital Fusion DO NOT repeat DO NOT pay LEE STRANAHAN any money. This man is scam artist. The website that explains the course is slick and looks reputable but donít be fooled. Dozens of people including myself have been sucked into his Learning Digital Fusion SCAM at the below site:

http://www.learndigitalfusion.com/

So if you see the following email addresses asking for payment via paypal or any other means DONíT

leestranahan@hotmail.com
Stranahan@aol.com

Lee was very quick to take our money but hardly ever responds to any correspondence once he has your funds. Over a period of 8 months he managed to tell us a variety of personnel excuses (all of which have ended up being lies). But when pressed for any idea as to when he will start the course, he mysteriously disappears and refuses to respond to any of the people, who like me, paid him in full upfront for the course (U$300). I personally lost another U$200 (total U$500) for items which lee was suppose to be have bought for me locally and posted. He has not. I would hate for anyone out there to go through what the current course members have been through with this guy. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • vancasmakibia likes this

#2 SalaTar

SalaTar

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:47 AM

If thats the case his host may be interested that hes running a scam.

TechPhone: 1-858-560-9416
TechEmail: ops@tierra.net

Complaints go a long way. More than likly they just wont want to bother with it and possible FBI "looksee" and turn him off for a violation of AUP.

Sorry that you seemed to have been taken for a ride but next time if you send mail to a hotmail account....dont expect it "to be all that"
  • damantadike likes this

#3 jhattingh

jhattingh

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:26 AM

Salatar,

I wouldn't be too hasty.

For a start, it only takes seconds to recall how many times we deserve to be shown up as hoaxes. Have you never let someon down and cost them money? (speak to your parents for more input ;)).

There's always so much more to these scenarios.

At the same time, I do understand that if someone doesn't seem accountable, you just have to try and "get to them".

I also remember having a client who let US down and yet ended up shouting us down wherever he could. I just let him run riot as he pleased. I think for the most part it is a transparent display. I often feel that those who shout the most angrily are most likely the least reasonable in the equation.

<< next time if you send mail to a hotmail account....dont expect it "to be all that" >>

That is a surprising element of the equation... I too am thoroughly skeptical about doing BUSINESS over a hotmail account.

Anyway.. I'm getting ahead of myself here.. I would just want to urge people not to get involved in these matters and urge "victims" to find ways of resolving it using the system at hand. There's always a way. People who can't resolve an issue using "the system" are usually equally at fault.

Hmmm.. have I just "got involved".. :(

#4 Timothy Malloy

Timothy Malloy

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:26 AM

I would imagine if he was for real he would have some kind of relationship with eyeon , even if only a passing one , wouldnt he need ot get some kind of copyright permission to use the interface or something?

this is gmmccomikse first or second post , he could be a genuine customer with a geniune grievance or he could have a grudge against this lee chap , I have no idea and am not making a call on either one , however nothing for me has changed becuase when buying on the net I always assume a a scam untill proven different.
WOuld like to hear eyeons take on this .
Gmcomiskie , if you have been ripped off you have my commiserations for what that is worth , and my advice would be take legal instructions as to solving it.

#5 essentricaudio

essentricaudio

Piglet

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:49 AM

Lee was very active in the 3D comunity and with Newtek products for a long time. Lately he has stepped out of that roll. I have heard others complaints against him recently on other list also, but many of those people have been able to get resolution with Lee - so keep trying! He is a real person!

#6 izyk

izyk

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:13 AM

Naturally we aare very concerned to hear your complaints.

I know Lee Stranahan - he has been a member of the Fusion community in one way or another for at least 5 years. We have used him in the past to assist with the creation of our own videotape training materials.

I am suprised and concerned to hear about the problems you are having obtaining training materials you have paid for from Lee Stranahan. Naturally such problems affect confidence in our own product and so I will do what little I can to assist.

You mention that you are not the only person who has been affected this way. Are there others on the list who have also paid for training they have not received. Can you put me in touch with some of them? They can e-mail me directly at izyk@eyeonline.com.

I have checked, and the courses offered by Lee Stranahan are not currently mentioned in our list of approved training facilities on the eyeon website.

#7 SalaTar

SalaTar

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

and it may be a case that someone is just using his name..

Lee Stranahan
1107 Fair Oaks Ave 314
South Pasadena CA 91107
US
Domain Name: LEARNDIGITALFUSION.COM
Administrative Contact:
Lee Stranahan
1705 Guadalupe Blvd
Austin TX 78758
US
512 689 8763
leestranahan@hotmail.com
Technical Contact Zone Contact:
Lee Stranahan
1107 Fair Oaks Ave 314
South Pasadena CA 91107
US
626 488-0006
stranahan@aol.com

feel free to see if Phone #'s are real
626 488-0006 no lee there

512 689 8763 error message 612 prolly a cell

#8 SalaTar

SalaTar

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:10 PM

he does see email though

Stranahan Viewing Board Index

#9 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:23 PM

I have gotten a couple of emails saying I should respond to this...Gordon is a student, the class exists, and there have been problems. Unfortuntely, Gordon also threw in some stuff that's just plain false, and he knows it.

Months ago, I started offering a Digital Fusion class. I had about 10 people sign up in all - not the 'dozens' the Gordon mentioned. I created a few hours of orginal lessons, and they are good.

Unfortunately, I have had a large number of personal problems in the past six months, all related to being unemployed and slowly going completely broke. To be clear - there's no drug / drink / gambling or anything juicy - I just have gone broke, and nearly lost my family because of the instability. I detailed some of this in a public post on the NewTek forum months ago.

Since then, I've gone broker and continued to look for work. My wife, 2 of my kids, and I have been living in hotels for months while I have been trying to find work, and I've sold everything - including all my computers, books...everything, really - just trying to get the money to put food on the table and roof over people's heads. My close friends are all aware of this.

And - so are the students. I have sent a few different emails explaining what's going on, and saying that once things stabilize I fully intend to make good on the course...as soon as things stabilize.

Further - I have done nothing to advertise or promote the class for months, nor have I signed up a single new student - and I've had offers and I needed the money, a lot.

Gordon knows all of this, and more. I detailed my situation to people taking the class a few weeks ago. Gordon also knows other details, as well. The problem is - I'm broke. I can't give a refund, and I haven't had any way to continue the class while living a nomadic llfestyle with no computer.

So - scam artist? No. Gordon's post paints a picture of me living it off all of the money I've made...nothing could be further from the truth.

Loser? Maybe - I've certainly been truly humbled by this experience. But my kids have had food everyday, and I've had a lot of help from friends. When I started the class, I had no idea how close to bottom I'd fall...

Fortunately, I think are about to improve. I am hearing back on a job today. Wish me luck.

#10 SplineGod

SplineGod
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:23 PM

Lee isnt scamming anyone. To do so would imply that he is intentionally lying to get gain. I can assure everyone this is not the case. Lee has had a string of hard luck that would bring most anyone here to seriously consider suicide. He has been out of work and has been focused on two things: Getting a job and taking care of his family.
I understand how easy it can be to draw conclusions based on limited knowledge of events. Lee appears to have a job or at least has an offer. Im quite certain he will take care of everyone very soon.
-Larry

#11 SalaTar

SalaTar

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

"People who can't resolve an issue using "the system" are usually equally at fault."

Seems the case.

Both Lee and spline were faily easy to contact via e-mail and jumped right in to explain things.

#12 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

Just so everyone knows...

I'm probably going to request that this thread be removed - the inital post violates the 'intentionly dishonest' part of the PigsFly User Agreement...for example...

Gordon knows I don't have dozens of students. He knows I haven't 'mysteriously disappeared' - I gave a lot of details to students about my situation. And so on...

I understand his frustration with the situation, completely, and I accept blame - but he could have made his case without being dishonest. Although in that case people here would have probably responded the way a couple of students have - "Hey, it sucks but I don't know what you expect Lee to do right now and I'm not going to kick a guy when he's down."

#13 Timothy Malloy

Timothy Malloy

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:59 PM

I dont think anyone here would have a problem with this thread being pulled . I think you are brave to come on and be as honest about your situation as you have been , Im just sad that you have been made to feel compelled to. And also it impunges upon your character and integrity both of which in my eyes have been vindicated by your reponse. From the bottom of my heart I wish you success in the future , when do get back would you please inform us as I for one would be interested in your course work .

Peace out.
Timothy

#14 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:41 PM

Lee, at the beginning I like the rest of the course members were extremely sympathetic to your plight with your family. As I have already told you I have experienced the same situation. But you also have not done yourself any favours either, not explaining to members on a regular basis what the situation is and I donít believe you were telling us exactly the truth. There were too many excuses for my liking, I am travelling across the states to go to a conference, I am in Canada on work, I am shooting stock footage for distribution, I am getting back with my wife, we are having problem again and again and againÖÖ... Enough is enough man, we have all paid good money for this course, and we all have problem of our own, I can tell you from my standpoint that I had to pay for this course on credit card (U$298 upfront) and still paying interest on it, tell me thatís fair?
But the horse that broke the camelsí back for me was when, I asked lee to purchase the Digital Fusion 4 Reference Manual and Courseware One DVD as it was easier for him to purchase it. Lee agreed to purchase the items for me. It took about two months before he informed me that he had purchased the items. I thought great, but once again I got the run around for about another six weeks until it got to the point I could wait no longer. I contacted an Eyeon distributor in this country who agreed to purchase the items for me, but I felt obligated to wait on Lee as he said he had already purchased the items. I informed Lee that I could wait no longer and if he didnít hurry up organising for me to sent payment and him to mail the items I would go elsewhere. Well you guessed it he lept to life sending me stacks of emails a day back and forth and tried to charge me a lot more for the items than they could be purchased for. He got me to paypal the money through to a friends account (apparently his paypal account had been suspended). A Larry Splinegod whoever that is? Alarm bells were going off, but I thought well lets give this guy another chance even though he has had problems lets give him another go!! So the transaction went through and I had to email my address about another seven times, he seemed to keep losing it. I waited patiently for the items to arrive. About three weeks after I had paid him he sent me and email explaining that the items had been held up in customs for some reason, I thought this to be a little odd as I regular purchased from amazon and not once had a problem. Lee said he had a copy of the items in good condition and would send them through so I didnít have to wait. So I waited again. After another three weeks I started firing off emails to Lee asking where the books and DVD were and that the course was going nowhere and I wanted a refund. Lee sent an email to all course members EXCEPT myself stating that he was in financial ruin and did not know when the course would start again. The odd thing is why would he tell the other course members and not myself? (one of the other members forwarded it to me) Anyway that was two weeks ago and I have been sending short emails to Lee on almost EVERY DAY asking if he has send the items yet and I have not received one single reply from Lee at this time! Lee has tried to use the excuse that he doesnít have a computer or internet access and can only use the internet from an Internet Cafť, but isnt it funny how I have been emailing almost everyday for two weeks without a response, yet I place a post on this forum stating my unhappiness and distrust for him and suddening I see two posts from him within 24 hours? FUNNY HEY! This has turned out to be a five month saga up to date. My honest feeling now is that the Fusion manual and Courseware One DVD were never purchased (If Eyeon could confirm this for me that would be much appreciated). Yes I will admit that I have been pushy with the course but only believe that I have paid for a service that he has not delivered on. Lee must have had some idea how his personal life was doing before he started the course and if things were unstable he should not have started the course!!
Personally I have lost almost U$500 with Lee and have nothing to show for it. If Lee bothered to respond to his emails I would not have been backed into the situation of placing this information on this thread. I do not believe this thread should be pulled as I feel others have a right to be warned not to pay this man any money. Even if he were having problems with finishing the course there is no excuse as to why he has not delivered on the DF manuals and Courseware which he was paid for a LONG time ago and now refuses to respond to any communication. I believe the ball is now squarely in your court Lee!

#15 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:54 PM

Larry can confirm...
I was traveling doing seminars...
I was in Canda (he sent me money and I spoke to people about work)
I'm not going to comment further on the situation with my wife, but it's pretty obvious from what I've said...
Larry watched me take my laptop apart and saw it didn't work...
My Paypal account is suspended, because it's overdrawn...
I did shoot stock footage, and it's still not shipping - my part has been done for months and now I'm waiting for it to ship.
Larry will also confirm I haven't been online very much - when I have a computer I'm usually on all the time...

And no - I had no idea how my life would go, or I wouldn't have offered the class. I had no idea my computer would break, or stuff would get stolen, or that I wouldn't find work, or any of it. I mean - come on....if I KNEW what was going to happen, I would have done a hundred things differenly.

As for the response, I hit Reply To All - I don't know why Gordon didn't get the message.

I have a computer now beause I borrowed one to do a freelance job...so, now I can respond to emails. And frankly, there's been no new news and won't be until I get a job. And of course the ball's in my court - but there's no court right now, and I sold the ball so my kids could eat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users