57 replies to this topic

#31 RomainR

RomainR

Piglet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

Just a quick reminder:

Behind the words that are seen on the computer screen that is in front of you there is a real human being.

A lot of people tend to forget that.

If you wouldn't say it or do it in real life then don't type it on forums.

The best thing that can happen to the class Lee is offering, is that he can get his life back on track.

So if you're complaining that you're not getting the lessons, instead of slinging mud, have a bit of compassion and give the man a helping hand.

#32 LFGabel

LFGabel

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

What do you want me to DO? I have -no money-

Sadly, after reading through this thread, I offer only this:

- Mr. McComiskie ordered manuals and training material from Mr. Stranahan.
- Mr. McComiskie did not receive said manuals and training material.
- Mr. Stranahan has not offered proof of ordering said manuals and training materials.
- Mr. Stranahan has accepted money from Mr. McComiskie.
- Mr. Stranahan now has no money.

Therefore, the money Mr. Stranahan accepted from Mr. McComiskie was used to buy other things, whatever they may be (food, lodging, etc.) This is based entirely on what I read in this thread.

Mr. Stranahan, what I believe Mr. McComiskie would like you to do is (choose one):
- Produce proof of ordering said manuals and training materials.
- Deliver the said manuals and training materials to him.
- Refund his money (once you get a job).

Mr Stranahan, I offer this one piece of advice from what I remember from my education in TV production: "The viewer doesn't care." And by that, I mean that the viewer doesn't care about how much work, blood, sweat and tears one goes through to produce a TV program. They just want to watch it. The same is true for a customer of a product or service. If the customer doesn't get what they paid for, they don't care why they haven't received it. They just want what they paid for. End of story.

#33 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:21 PM

I got the manuals as a favor. I paid around $100 or something for shipping, money I didn't recoup for months. They were sent, THEN paid for and didn't clear customs. I don't have the money to resend.

Advice - smart or dumb, obvious or wise - won't change anything. A FedEx number would help. but advice doesn't. Advice isn't the problem - a total lack of cash, is.

As I've stated publically and privately, it seems like I have a job that will turn things around for me and allow me to get things back on track. Gordon, LW3D (whoever they are), and maybe a couple of other people would apparently like to see that screwed up for me, too. That's too bad, because really - therein lies the solution.

#34 LFGabel

LFGabel

Piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

Advice - smart or dumb, obvious or wise - won't change anything. A FedEx number would help. but advice doesn't.

True, the advice won't change the present scenario, but it might be useful to change the future, and possibly a different outlook on future business ventures...

And as for Fedex tracking numbers, I have had great success tracking packages without tracking numbers. I just called 1-800-GoFedex, gave them the date of pickup, the originating location, the final delivery destination, and who it was going to, and they provided everything I needed. I found they were often very helpful even on the odd occasion where I forgot to include the necessary paperwork for international deliveries. I've never had to pay to resend a package.

But I guess this is all water under the bridge...

Good luck to all involved.

#35 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:28 PM

Thank you LFGabel

You have managed to get the first piece of information from Lee about where the manuals are in a very long time! He still hasnt even told me in direct correspondence, only on this forum. Last time lee bothered to garnish information on them (about six weeks ago), he informed me that he was sending his copies of the said manuals (because mine were held up in customs) and courseware and would remail at his expense due to the huge delay in sending them in the first place. Now I understand why Lee has been avoiding my questioning of where they are! Its really frustrating when you go out of your way every day to ur maibox to see if a delivery has arrived and week after week its not there, you have paid for it in full and you also cant gain any information on where it is and even if it will arrive.

The whole crux of why this thread was started was mainly due to the fact I had paid for the manuals and kept asking for info on where they were via emails. I also messaged him through msn several times, but there was nil response. What was I suppose to do lee, my options were almost zero this was a last ditch attempt to get you to pipe up! Even other course members I spoke to said they had the same treatment from you and were pretty much resigned to the fact that they had lost their money as you never communicated in months and when you did it was only because I kept prodding you to remind you, you had an obligation. For the majority of you who dont know, it has only been in the last couple of months that lee has not had a computer. Even for the first six months of the course he kept trying to duck and weave us. To date their have been 20 tutorials posted (the last one posted at the beginning of June), most of them are no more than five minutes long (good value for U$300 heh). The ones that have been posted are so simple its not funny, we havent even started to go into how fusion really works yet! I bought the CMI Studios DVD and for $27 it had tonnes more value.

Anyway the simple fact is I want those manuals. I am sick of being screwed around and I am not going to quieten down until I get them. SIMPLE HEY!

#36 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

Gordon,

Communicating with you isn't very smart, really. You take what I say, and then quote it out of context, or twist it, or just lie about it. Your last post is an example of this - I've kept people up to date, but there's been nothing to report. As of right now, there's STILL nothing to report.

I don't know how I'm paying for my hotel room tomorrow, so until things get stable I CAN'T DO ANYTHING. If you want to keep harassing me, I can't stop you from continuing to act like a jerk - but feeding my family and making sure they have a roof over their heads is my first, last, and only priority now. It's more important to me than you getting your manuals. I have an obligation to them that's far more important than my obligation to anyone else and when I'm in a situation as I am now where I'm forced to chose, it's no contest. And all of your bullying won't change that.

#37 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

There may be nothing to report, but at least you could have had the BALLS to tell me they werent in the mail instead of being deceiptful and avoiding my questions. Why does it take so much effort to get a straight answer from you? Remember the only contact I have with you is email and I cant do anything if you decide not to respond. I just cant get over the fact it has taken so long just to get a simple yes or no as whether the items had been sent!
Well it appears I have no choice but to sit on my ass and wait for your situation to change before their may be a chance to get my items. Even though it doesnt seem right to me! You can do me one thing though, I want to see proof that the manuals were purchased, surely you can do that if you have honestly bought the manuals? true? You say you dont have the cash to send right? A simple scan of the receipt would do. :huh:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#38 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:25 PM

Even if I do get them, I doubt I will see them before DF5 comes out and by then they will be useless. Thats irony for you!!

#39 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

Stamp stamp stamp.
Lip Quiver.
Hair Flounce.

Seems like I got the job, however - so it's as I said...

#40 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:37 PM

Well congratulations Lee and I mean that! I just hope that you live up to your promises now. Dnt forget to email me the receipt please!

#41 Stranahan

Stranahan

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

There's no receipt - I have been living on the road for 3 months...plus, I sold my scanner a month ago. I don't care whether you beleive me or not, they are in the back of my van.

#42 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:52 PM

Well its not hard you could ask Eyeon for one or you could ask them to email me the receipt, I am sure they keep records! Or you could ask a friends to scan it for you! It is the least you could do, I am not asking for blood just a receipt for an item I have paid for. If you are truly interested in making amends for what has gone on, then this should be a simple request!! Any less and I think it shows deceipt!!

#43 gmccomiskie

gmccomiskie

Member Pig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:11 AM

Well there has been no change in the events of this Digital Fusion course and the manuals (since September) . Lee has sent one or two emails stating that the Digital Fusion course would be starting again soon, but no further information has been given. I personally have sent a couple asking when the course will start, with no response from Lee. Oh he did ask for my address again (only about the30th time he has) and it has been over 3 weeks and still no manuals. One other course member has also been asking me if i know anything as they arent being told anything as well. So as per usual we have to sit and wait for Lee to do the right thing. As far as I know he has had a stable job at Entertainment Tonight for many months now, so he should be in a position to at least start the course and mail a couple of books to me.

So the story goes BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS MAN STILL!!

#44 m_draz

m_draz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

Here we are in September and still no word on the status of this course. Lee, since you won't answer my emails I am forced to post in this thread. $300 might not be alot for you but I could really use that money now so please do the right thing and send me a refund.

#45 lw3d

lw3d

Flying Pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:57 PM

Still ... this is disgusting ...

Are you saying that there has not been one ounce of an effort to rectify the situation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users