4 replies to this topic

#1 Yog

Yog

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi guys.
I'm absolutely sure this is user error, but I could do with a pointer on what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Whenever I create a custom toolbar or alter the default one, it works well enough for that session, but doesn't return the next time I start Fusion, either on a new comp or for the comp it was created in.

I've tried all the options I can find in preferences, including Preferences->Global->Layout, grab-program-window-document, save, etc, but no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

#2 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi!

Check what's going on in your C:\ProgramData\eyeon\Fusion\Profiles\<UserName> folder. The exact path depends on the Pathmap settings in the Preferences>Globals and it's composed of three variables: AllData:, Profiles:, Profile:.

The file which stores the toolbar layout is Fusion.toolbars (you can try to search for this name in Explorer). Is it read only? Do you see other similar file names there?

All in all, it's pretty easy to edit this file as text to modify the toolbars.

#3 Yog

Yog

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Thank you very much Gringo.
Pointing me to where the files were located helped a lot.

Even though none of the files were marked as read-only, I noticed that only the Prefs file was changing it's modify date, so I deleted the Prefs and Toolbar file, let Fusion recreate them, and everything is now working.

Thanks again.

#4 topher

topher

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hello,

I do have a similar problem: None of my prefs can be saved. I checked for the folder you suggested but when trying to open:
C:\ProgramData\eyone\Fusion I do not have permission to open this folder. Funny thing is: Not even the Admin can get into this folder.

IT says: "Fusion 6.3 was installed normaly. The folder and its security settings were created by this Installation. There has to be a reason for it. We can't change it otherwise Fusion might not work as stable"

We've been trying to point fusion to a different directory where it's supposed to save the prefs but haven't found out how to. Can anyone please give us a hint?

Thank you

Edited by topher, 03 December 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#5 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

maybe this can help:

http://vfxpedia.com/...ences_and_Paths

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users