#1 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi all,

I have had the chance to use the Connection Avid<>Fusion workflow in my latest project. Great stuff altogether but I find myself missing some functionality that I believe it really needs. Also I am running into a minor bug.

Prior to Connection I'd export media from Avid, fusionize it and re-import it to Avid. Then I could trim, retime, retrim the fusionized material to my liking. It seems that this is not possible now, with rendered footage from Connection. This really cripples the usage of this fine concept, since I rarely get the timing right on the first try =] So now I just re-import the rendered footage the old way and re-insert it, retime it, etc. But then the connection to the Fusion comp is lost... =\

Then the 'bug'. With every shot I connect to fusion the first frame is rendered brighter than the rest. This happens only when motion blur is enabled. I can animate this property for that frame but in most shots I need the blur on, also in the first frame. Anybody else experience this as well?

Thanks for your time!

Marc
  • pterhi likes this

#2 Jeff Krebs

Jeff Krebs

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Hi Marc,
I will be happy to explain the AVX2 plug-in to you. I 'll check out your first frame issue. Are you using Connection 1.0 or 1.5.
Contact me at jeff(at)eyeonline(dot)com

Regards
Jeff

#3 Maciek

Maciek

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi Jeff,

It is possible to have Connection 1.5?
In Eyeon download center is only 1.0.
eyeon Connection for Fusion6.4 V1.0, July 4nd, 2012

Regards
Maciek

#4 alanbell

alanbell

Advanced Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hey Murc I have not experience the light frame you have but I do have a work around for you regarding the the retime issue. duplicate the saver in your comp and set it to jpg or tiff or what ever you want. then import that back into the avid. Throw it above the existing connection elements and do what ever saving your connection avx plugin below. Then when you need to go back it's just a video layer below. You just have to remember to version up the saver you generated if you version up your comp etc.

We are using connection on a daily basis with four systems and it's seems to be working well.

Regards
Alan Bell

#5 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Alan,

I'll be using that method from now on! Thx =]

Waiting to try out the 1.5 and will report if the light frame is fixed for me!

Regards,

Marc

#6 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I am happy to say that, with 1.5, there is no longer a lighter frame at the start of my exported footage from Avid > Fusion!

Thanks all!

Marc

#7 Maciek

Maciek

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi Marc, tell us how did you get v 1.5? Are you a happy beta tester ;-)?

#8 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I bet he sent beer :)

#9 Maciek

Maciek

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ok. If so, then i'll sent keg of beer ;-)

#10 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Jeff sent me the download link =]

I knew it wasn't backwards compatible, but I had forgotten that little fact when today I opened a project with 1.0..all media seemed corrupted =\ caused a nice little heart attack for my client and I ... Then I remembered =D

So that's back to 1.0 for my current project

#11 Jeff Krebs

Jeff Krebs

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

We are on beta3 soon to be a release candidate. If you require it for (interlaced projects, obscure non-windows complient Avid naming ) email me at jeff(at)eyeonline(dot)com and I'll set you up.
cheers
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users