1 reply to this topic

#1 John Paul Docherty

John Paul Docherty

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

A DI company has supplied 12 bit linear dpx files (the footage was originally 12 bit linear Log C prores from an Alexa) purely as a no loss wrapper format (not the most sensible of formats for them to choose given the lack of any lossless compression strategy but there it is) and I find that fusion can't read them.

This format is not that unusual - in fact I've seen 16 bit dpx files used as well so I tested that and fusion reads them fine but not 12bit. Nuke reads the 12 bit fine as do most other programmes I've tried including Flame (not Shake, though). I can convert them in Nuke and flame to 16b dpxs or tiffs or sgi or whatever for now (the prores 444 qts aren't available) but fusion should really be able to deal with this given the increase in 12 bit linear camera systems.

I'm using 6.4b 1104 64 bit. Anyone else hit the same problem? Is there a workaround within fusion? I can supply an example 12bit dpx frame if the fusion chaps need one to test. They might want to add 12 bit to the ChangeDepth node or maybe the dpx write node options as well as we are sometimes called on to supply files back in the same 12 bit linear format.
  • mikenicey likes this

#2 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

yes, fusion cant read 12bit dpx and eyeon once had a reason for that. cant remeber was it was and if it was discussed here or on the mailing list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users