#1 inohide

inohide

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi,

Today, resolution of our working monitor is getting bigger. My monitor is 2560 x 1440.
I feel Fusion's interface design a little bit small. I didn't feel it when I used 1920 x 1080 monitor.

For example, it is hard to grab output area of tool. (Red square area) I want to connect tools, but I would grab the view indicator flap. (I have set to "vertical" build direction in preferences. Red square is on the flap. Horizontal mode may be good for me.) So, I get frustrated.

Text of Interface and toolbar icon is small too. I want to change its size.

Fu7 can customize interface size?

What do you think?

#2 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Well for one you can increase the Pipe grab distance in Preferences->Flow, and also the default scale of your flow editor.

Of this I am less sure, but since Fusion's UI relies so much on Windows libraries, there is a chance you can just increase your icon and text size through your Windows Display Settings. There are DPI scaling options to do that. You'll have to log out and in for the changes to be applied. This might or might not work, I've never tried it.

Also get used to either right-mouse-button drag pipes between tools or alt-dragging (I think it's alt anyway), that way you get a neat list of all the available inputs that your output can connect to.

#3 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

oh yeah, that reminds me - there use to be a shortcut with some ctrl?alt?shift? for copying connection while dragging input from one node to another - anyone remembers that? or it went missing when alt-drag was introduce?

a bit off-topic - for some help with connections You can try Multi-Attach and SmartConnect scripts! great stuff, a bit shame they are not working with 3D nodes...

#4 theo

theo

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

oh yeah, that reminds me - there use to be a shortcut with some ctrl?alt?shift? for copying connection while dragging input from one node to another - anyone remembers that? or it went missing when alt-drag was introduce?

a bit off-topic - for some help with connections You can try Multi-Attach and SmartConnect scripts! great stuff, a bit shame they are not working with 3D nodes...

I don't remember ever seeing this in Fu, for some reason fusion's node manipulation is just stone age compared to many other node editor IMO.

When dragging a node, fusion needs modifier key/shortcuts to:
Copy node.
Copy instanced node.
Copy node and retain in/out connections.
Copy instanced node and retain in/out connections.
Copy entire upstream or downstream nodes.
--
move all downstream nodes
move all upstream nodes

Theses missing shortcuts really bothers me every time I use fusion.

#5 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Fu7 can customize interface size?

We'll find out in the webinar...

I too find Fusion's text quite small, especiall the number inputs often feel awkward.
In Nuke the font is larger, the boxes have more padding and they are wide enough for several decimals. In Fusion the values get cut off often (which might also be because just a single nudge on a slider often creates numbers with waaay to many decimals). With today's widescreen monitors, maybe the tool panel doesn't need to default to 280 pixels anymore and can use a bigger font instead.

#6 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I totally need to retract that font statement. :blush:
I've compared it again with default settings and guess what: fonts are the same on Windows.
But on Linux (where I was using Nuke recently) the font rendering makes it look wider and crisper:
Posted Image

I've tried changing font aliasing settings in Windows but it doesn't really change anything. Is there a way to tweak this?

#7 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Wider and crisper looks more like chunkier and uglier. OS's that don't have ClearType are such an eyesore to me now.

I wonder how hard it would be to change the font in the tool controls. The menu and such are defined by the system font settings, but I don't see anything in the skins that define a font, which might just mean they are all at default, but it might mean that it can't be changed.

#8 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Windows renders fonts with this kind of chromatic aberration if the Screen Font smoothing option in the Display Properties is on.
I usually disable it.

#9 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I usually disable it.

Try going through the wizard to calibrate it for your monitors. When it's set up correctly, it really improves the smoothness and readability of text.

#10 alt

alt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Try going through the wizard to calibrate it for your monitors. When it's set up correctly, it really improves the smoothness and readability of text.

Yep, if it looks wrong the subpixel order is wrong way around (BGR instead of RGB or some such).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users