#1 Paul Ingvarsson

Paul Ingvarsson

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

I'm new to Fusion!

I'm trying to use camera projection, onto a shape3d cube flattened into a square with very slight depth. I'm successfully projecting a football team's badge onto the shape, and i've got the catcher to obey the alpha of the badge. But I am not getting the depth of the cube to repeat the pixels on the edge of the alpha channel. Basically I get the back plane and front plane of the badge separated by the depth of my shape.

If I make the projection hit the edges of the shape I do get the wrap around i'm after, but then the shape of the badge is lost!

This may not be possible without some FBX model to work to, but I thought i'd ask - or maybe someone else would approach this differently.

Paul

#2 Dunn

Dunn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hey Paul,
Welcome ^_^
..maybe you wanna checkout Raf´s Trace Create 3D tool : http://www.krokodove.com/wordpress/
> Krokodove v5.70 alpha
> https://www.facebook.com/krokodove
Its still in alpha and the workflow is going to change, but if you need it urgent then check it out.

°Dunn

#3 Paul Ingvarsson

Paul Ingvarsson

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hi,

Thanks for this, better buy that lego...! I need to brush up on reflections, shading etc now. I've got the bender tool distorting it downstream too.

Fantastic work from you and others on the countdown thread - the best learning is looking through those comps - well done!

Paul

#4 Dunn

Dunn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanx Paul ;)
Yes, It´s been an awesome ride so far, so many cool comps to go thru and learn ... everyday new stuff ! :)
... gonna miss this when it comes to an end -_-

#5 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

why should it come to an end?
perhaps there will be Fu7 release date announced - i would do that if i were Eyeon, seeing how webinar countdown shaped itself :D

#6 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi. I have done a few video discussions on Fusion's 3d compositing power, using projection and other techniques. See if you find them useful. Link is below my name. Thx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users