5 replies to this topic

#1 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

In the 10+ years I am using Fusion, I have never seen anything like that before!

Posted Image

It showed up during Fusion start-up. I closed and reopened Fusion and this error message never came up again! Everything is working fine. WTF!?

#2 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

do check against the viruses :) even free online scanner pass :)

#3 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

I have antivirus software running non stop so I am sure it is something else but the surprising fact is that the virus message was reported from Fusion and not via Windows. :mf_w00t2:

#4 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

It's not a Fusion message, that's a Windows one. Windows communicates with all sorts of virus/malware detectors present in your system and then can throw an error like that. You can upload the file in question to http://www.virustotal.com/ to make sure the file is safe, or possibly to see what process would flag the file as malicious.

VirusTotal, a subsidiary of Google, is a free online service that analyzes files and URLs enabling the identification of viruses, worms, trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and website scanners. At the same time, it may be used as a means to detect false positives, i.e. innocuous resources detected as malicious by one or more scanners.

Hope that helps.

#5 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Are you using AVAST? I got the same message. Tests say it is harmless. I've already contacted their support.

#6 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yes I was using AVAST up until this morning.

When I realized that this was the problem I uninstalled it. I had many similar problems with it the last couple of years. Enough is enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users