60 replies to this topic

#16 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks both. I remember that tutorial that Tilt, your are talking about. The dog food commercial...right? I will try that approach in the next one.

#17 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

yeah :)

#18 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

related to syntheyes... the latest version has a 3D planar tracker which can solve a 3D camera from a planar track. It's pretty amazing if you look at it:

#19 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

(Personal view)
Russ Anderson is an amazing person. I am glad to be a customer.
Syntheyes + Fusion = Peanut-butter + Chocolate

#20 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

The whole workflow for his planar tracking (including masks) seems great. That's a problem I have with Nuke's planar tracker... it has been somehow shoehorned into their roto node and viewer controls but it feels unnatural and sometimes stops working as expected. If Fusion had a planar tracker I think it would have similar GUI problems.

Since Syntheyes can be controlled by python... could it be possible to write a "track this" tool script for Fusion that you run on a Loader while the results get immediately added to Fusion as Trackers or ImagePlanes...?

#21 French_Fry

French_Fry

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Ooh..that would be cool! I like the idea.
(Kinda in a similar way, we use a nifty little python script that sends camera info on the fly from xsi to Fusion. You have both open at the same time and it reads through one and sends to the other.
It updates info also. I wonder if something along these lines would work...)

#22 mdharrington

mdharrington

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Since Syntheyes can be controlled by python... could it be possible to write a "track this" tool script for Fusion that you run on a Loader while the results get immediately added to Fusion as Trackers or ImagePlanes...?

extremely good idea.....

#23 Dunn

Dunn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Ooh..that would be cool! I like the idea.
(Kinda in a similar way, we use a nifty little python script that sends camera info on the fly from xsi to Fusion. You have both open at the same time and it reads through one and sends to the other.
It updates info also. I wonder if something along these lines would work...)

Cool, do you mind sharing your setup? I´m kinda like getting back to XSI after a long..long pause
( trying out the awesome Redshift renderer ) & would´nt mind having that kind of setup :blush:

#24 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

extremely good idea.....

I guess I'll treat myself to a Syntheyes upgrade for xmas, so I can test that idea :-)

#25 mdharrington

mdharrington

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

You are just rolling with good ideas :mf_gap:

Are you on the advanced path?
I get all the upgrades for free...not sure how long that is supposed to last though

#26 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Unfortunately I just have Syntheyes 2011. But the upgrade to a current pro version doesn't cost that much.

#27 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

there is also this "roundtrip" to 3DCoat as an example, but i dont need to tell you about programming stuff. master stefan

#28 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Thanks, I need to look at that one. I need to think about the workflow because Fusion needs to call Syntheyes but then Syntheyes has to remote-control Fusion using peyeonscript to create/update the Camera3D. Fortunately Russ has written something like that for After Effects.

#29 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

If anybody wants to play around with it: here's an update to my updated export script for Syntheyes. Beta :-)

Attached File  fusion6_for_SE2013_v1.szl.zip   9.36KB   12 downloads

It's still just an export script for Syntheyes because first I wanted to make it work as well as the AfterEffects script that's included in SE 2013.11 (I can't guarantee that it still works in older versions).

You can now select different ways of dealing with frame numbering! This means that you can work in Syntheyes the way Russ recommends it (frame numbering starts at zero) but in Fusion you can use the image file sequence numbers (in case they don't start at 0 but 1000 or something even bigger for film scans).

next step on the roadmap: planar tracks (3D ones should be exported as image planes so you can just plug in any footage). And then the python connection back and forth between the two apps. It all depends on how much time I can spare though. It's just a side project at the moment.

#30 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for your efforts Tilt. I'll download and play around with it possibly this weekend if no one else beats me to it. I have latest SynthEyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users