2 replies to this topic

#1 antnik

antnik

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi guys. Is it possible to help me with a problem i have. They ask me a conversion test, so to check it in a baselight system color correction, from Alexa Prores4444 to DPX10bit. I use a Loader and a saver. A Loader with quicktime prores4444 and a saver with DPX 10bit (bypass) to get my dpx sequence. The result of DPX sequence is the same with alexa. I have check it in fusion....in davinci...in hiero, but the colorist of baselight system says that he has a difference of contrast 18%. I asked him if it has different color profiles to Quicktime and dpx loaders. He said that it is not the color profile...but an issue of conversion from alexa prores4444 to dpx 10 bit that some progs have. Do you know something about that? Do you know a workflow in fusion or somewhere else for converting alexa quicktime proress444 to dpx 10 bit image sequence? He suggested me to make the conversion in Davinci to get the DPX sequence and after that to load it in fusion to make the FX.
Thank you in advance.

#2 isotron

isotron

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

dont know baselight, but in Davinci the default setting of a color profil is called "Videolevel" (40-960) to view, and to render Footage. But u have the option to view and render "DataLevel" (0-1024) as the normal way f.E. in Fusion. In -> Out without changes! I think the 18% is affected by this: Legal or fullrange interpretation.

may this helps you and your colorist ;)
http://www.liftgamma...ata-level.1070/
http://www.arridigit...hp?topic=7147.0

#3 antnik

antnik

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Thank you Isotron. I ll check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic