22 replies to this topic

#1 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

we shared knowledge, hints, secrets, comps, scripts, macros, fuses and plugins over the years.
but did anybody made a custom UI theme? maybe with a new set of buttons?
the glossy buttons look a bit out f date to me now and i would like to see if somebody has already made a custom version.

i also think about to change the colorwheels and value gradients to a sRGB style, so when working in linear with an sRGB LUT i have a better matching represantation to what i see in the viewer

are there any pros or cons of that?

#2 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

i started now with a "flat design" theme:

Posted Image

#3 French_Fry

French_Fry

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

woooh...I'm liking flat!

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

I run my own skin, based on the Fusion 5 ones (fixed, I think?). I never got on board with the Fusion 6 skins. I changed a lot of things to be easier to see, and made the screw controls have a visible transform. I fear that a flat UI would increase mouse misses.

#5 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

I like the direction this is taking! :-)

#6 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

I run my own skin, based on the Fusion 5 ones (fixed, I think?). I never got on board with the Fusion 6 skins. I changed a lot of things to be easier to see, and made the screw controls have a visible transform. I fear that a flat UI would increase mouse misses.

ohh, yes i see. Fusion5 has some aspects i like alot more then the defalt FU6 theme, maybe i find some parts i will use

i also thought about bad visual contrast on a complete flat theme and played around with different luma values, a little emboss/edge highlight and so on. but in the end this flat style made it into further consideration

#7 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

I like the knobs of the sliders quite a lot. It looks contrasty enough for me. Maybe buttons need a similar outline? (although I'm seeing one on the forward button if I squint my eyes ;-))

#8 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

a small outline works very well

Posted Image

and here you see some "Screw Slider":
Posted Image

and now another question:
what do you think about the gradient in sRGB space? we're all used to have the linear one, but when you work in linear color space and view with a sRGB LUT (as i do most of the time) this represents much more of WYSIWYG:
Posted Image

#9 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Actually, encouraged by You, i ..... change the skin to "Vision" - it's a bit too bright, but other than that look quite ok for me - perhaps because it sth new :)

#10 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

and now another question:
what do you think about the gradient in sRGB space? we're all used to have the linear one, but when you work in linear color space and view with a sRGB LUT (as i do most of the time) this represents much more of WYSIWYG:
Posted Image

I think WYSIWYG is important but for example on color wheels, this probably can't be solved with a theme. In my opinion, the gradient should look the way it is but the underlying values (what Fusion samples at that location) needs to be linearized. The disadvantage of adjusting the gradient in the GUI is that it creates a completely unfamiliar look where half of the gradient is white and the section of usable values is tiny.

But I already love those buttons up there! Will you release the skin as a Christmas present for us? ;-)

#11 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

here it is!

i tried to make most of the stuff in a flat style. if i forgot something just drop a line here or do it by your self ;)

also if some is willing to update more of the icons and other stuff, please do so and share it with us!

just unzip the complete folder into you fusion/skins directory and enable it in the preferences

#12 French_Fry

French_Fry

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Awesome. Thanks!!!

#13 Dunn

Dunn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Cool, l like it B)
Thanx pingking!

btw, the "go to end" button on Flow timeline is flipped. (EndDown.bmp)

#14 Maciek

Maciek

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Very nice :-)

Thanks

#15 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Cool, l like it B)
Thanx pingking!

btw, the "go to end" button on Flow timeline is flipped. (EndDown.bmp)

thanks for the spotting! i updated the download file. so, if you need it correct just redownload

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users