13 replies to this topic

#1 Unaided

Unaided

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Someone knows about a loader script that load only still images?

I have a different lots of still images with name like sequence naming, but are reference number and can't renaming its.

Group 1:
100034001.png
100034002.png
100034003.png

Group 2:
257001.png
257002.png
225703.png

I need that Fusion only load still image that i drop over a loader already exists, as if would be still image name. Like Nuke style, if no type ####.ext no read as sequence.

I don't want use start or end trim, or clip list.

#2 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

I think you can use shift-drag and drop files from an explorer window and Fusion will load them as stills. Probably using trim settings though.

Alternatively, put a time stretcher after your loader and set it to whichever frame number you need.

#3 Unaided

Unaided

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

For specific project I want Fusion load images as still. The issue is that I need prepare a basic comp which user is the final customer, and he need load images easy way, that he is not Fusion user. For this question, I think the most easy way that he load the image he wants dropping over loaders.

Problem. The image names are numbering references, and Fusion read as sequence and different lengths of sequences, cos I have exactly this image names.
19901FR280102.png

19901FR280105.png

19901FR280106.png

19901FR280122.png

19901FR280194.png

This is for Fusion, a sequence of 280094 frames, and really the sequence only have 94 images in the full case, and others cases less of 94 frames, that the sequence is not always complete. Use trim, stretching time or drag loader in the timeline is a crazy thing.

My temp solution is add a _ symbol to end of image name, to break Fusion sequence detect, but really I can't rename this files.

I think remember seen a Fuse Loader from internet, but now I can't find that tool. The idea will be edit fuse to convert a simple loader.

#4 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

The problem makes it impossible to versionize matte paintings (background_v02.psd) and if you have a bunch of stock photos or jpegs from a dslr in a directory (IMG_1234.jpg) it might turn ugly if you add new files with lower numbers.

If only Fusion worked like shake or nuke, where you have to explicitly put "#####" into a loader to show where the frame numbering is supposed to be done...

I've also used the underscore workaround. Unfortunately it won't help if you can't rename those files.

#5 Unaided

Unaided

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Still no tried, but I think that here solution for me.

From eyeon manual (http://manual.eyeonl...rence/io/loader):
"Occasionally you only want to load a single frame out of a sequence, like e.g. a photograph out of folder containing many other files as well. By default Fusion will detect those as a sequence, but if you hold Shift while dragging the file from explorer to the flow area, Fusion will only take that specific file and disregard any sequencing."

#6 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

:glare:

#7 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

If only Fusion worked like shake or nuke, where you have to explicitly put "#####" into a loader to show where the frame numbering is supposed to be done...

Indeed, this has been in the wishlist for quite a while:

A possibility to define frame padding not only with numbers, but with ### or [###] as well. The problem is when you edit loader's path manually or with scripts, Fusion sometimes returns an error not being able to find <Input_File.>000.<ext> if the sequence begins from <Input_File.>001.<ext>. The same happens if a loader had referred to a real file name-number and then this particular frame has been removed from the sequence. Besides, maybe, some people want file names like <Output_Sequence.>1000000000000.<ext>. They can be defined as <Output_Sequence.>100##########.<ext>. Another example: <Output_Sequence><Static_Cam>##_v01.<ext> for static pictures compositing... --Gringo 05:30, 25 September 2009 (EDT)

Possibility of using Path Templates such as [CompName], [NodeName], [Date] and others would eliminate the necessity of editing paths in Savers and Loaders every time while creating new versions of comps or using the comps as templates. --Gringo 15:36, 18 December 2009 (EST)

#8 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

I don't want to see LD change, as there's a lot of very specific behaviors that are present there like clip lists and IFL's and multiframe formats and such that don't need to be affected, but another tool that just did a file read on an image and things like trimming and such were done as another tool or as an expression would be helpful for dealing with the more generic file sequence problems.

For instance, where LD has HoldFirstFrame, ClipTimeStart, Loop, etc, those could all be handled by a TimeStretcher.

#9 Unaided

Unaided

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

I tried hold shift key while drop file image over loader how to explain eyeon documentation, and yes, load only still image from sequence. Here is solved for me.
I have see Fusion automatically set trim in-out to 1-1 any filename. Is ok for me.

I think also to wishlist features, Fusion need rewrite loading and saving system, to accept not only padding wildcards like ###, also can use tokens or variables in filename parameter.
Current I think that only is possible use the called "Magic Variable" Comp: that refers to path append store composition.comp file.

Are those questions that Nuke is more versatile and powerful.

#10 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

I think also to wishlist features, Fusion need rewrite loading and saving system, to accept not only padding wildcards like ###, also can use tokens or variables in filename parameter.
Current I think that only is possible use the called "Magic Variable" Comp: that refers to path append store composition.comp file.

We've been requesting variables in loaders and savers for years but eyeon hasn't made it a priority. I wouldn't hold my breath for this.

#11 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

I tried hold shift key while drop file image over loader how to explain eyeon documentation, and yes, load only still image from sequence. Here is solved for me.
I have see Fusion automatically set trim in-out to 1-1 any filename. Is ok for me.

Are those questions that Nuke is more versatile and powerful.

I can't test this right now since I'm not in front of my Fu... but what happens when you have shift-dragged a numbered image (say 4000.jpg) into your comp, close Fusion, and then copy another image called 3000.jpg into your footage directory and restart Fusion? Does it still load 4000.jpg or is the loader suddenly an image sequence?

#12 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

you can always define your own path map variables in the preferences. you could create a path map for "projectfootage" and point it to the folder where your footage is located, then in your loader/saver you could type "projectfootage/subfolder/footage.1234.dpx" and fusion should find your footage. with this settings you are able to move footage to other locations or work with other people/studios which share not the exact same folder structure

#13 jirka

jirka

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

sometimes I need many loaders from one sequence, I have a script called explode for that. I select loader, run script and many one frame loaders are created. Will send in Monday if you are interested.

J

#14 Dunn

Dunn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

sometimes I need many loaders from one sequence, I have a script called explode for that. I select loader, run script and many one frame loaders are created. Will send in Monday if you are interested.

Hey Jirka, that sounds like a great script, i´m interested too, please share :)

°Dunn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users