#1 Fresh_Powder

Fresh_Powder

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

Hi,
I've got a problem with the replace material node in combination with alpha.
If I set "keep Alpha" in the replace node it does some weird color issues. I try to render out a "Shadow Only Pass". Works just fine if I replace everything in replace node. But if I want to keep the alpha of the object and have it's shadow it just seems to fail. Bug maybe?
Just wanted to know if anyone has a solution or is it just my graphics card that causes trouble?
Comp attached.

thanks

Attached Files

#2 maxic

maxic

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

Try this

Attached Files

#3 Fresh_Powder

Fresh_Powder

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

thanks! yeah sure this works..that was my first attempt as weel. but lets say I have a very complex scene with diffrent 20 "alpha-materials" and stuff..Than I have to make 20 booleans and 20 replace material. It would so much more to do than just one replace material.
Also I don't have the one object casting shadow on the other with your setup. And I don't have only the shadows but also the area's "without light".
You understand my problem? Sorry..hard to explain.
Basicly I want the the image that comes out of my "FAIL" render node in my comp, but without the errors.

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Sorry, that's a bug. The resulting render is non-deterministic, so that's a sure sign that it isn't user error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users