#1 holgerneuhaeuser

holgerneuhaeuser

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hi,

I`m facing a problem here which I don´t completely understand, maybe someone can help me with this.

I´v got an Aja Kona LHI card on my fusion computer (windows).

Both display , the fusion working monitor and the external sony display via kona card are very closely matched.

So viewing the image on both monitors at the same time nearly doesn´t show any difference. So far so good.

If I´m saving out the image as exr or tif 16 bit and play it back via Chaosgroup PD Player or Aja Machina on the external monitor I get lower blacks looking like the blacks have been crushed slightly.

Basically the amout of black level lowering seems to be equal to the effect that hitting the normalize button in fusion has.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Holger

#2 holgerneuhaeuser

holgerneuhaeuser

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

After a lot of trials I come to a strange conclusion:

If I start after effects after closing fusion, and deactivate the kona output from the ae plugin, then instantey turn it on again an leave after effects. Then loading the imagessequence into the pdplayer works without color or gamma change. In other words: It then looks like the output from fusion

If I deinstall the aja plugins from After effects plugin folder, there is no gamma change when going from fusion to pdplayer, but the image is very slightly colder.

I hate this crap:

Does anybody know a better working card for outputting to an HD-SDI Monitor?. With no color or gamma shift issues?

1 or 2 years ago I had a blackmagic card installed, but after a fusion update it didn´t work any more.

Thanks for any tips
Holger

#3 holgerneuhaeuser

holgerneuhaeuser

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

Now I installed my stoneage old Blackmagic Decklink SDi which I had abandoned because of driver problems .

Fusion drivers seem to be updated and working good. Black Level Problem gone.

Somehow sad that fusion seems to be considered so non important, that card supplieres need over a year to do a driver upgrade that works.

Whatsoever, I had to change from Blackmagic to Aja and now I had to change back. It never gets boring:-)))

#4 isotron

isotron

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

same think here, first we switch to aja, because of decklink-support-fail, but now i guess for some month, blackmagicdesign getting new people and they rock ;) decklink 4k xtreme works in many tools without juggeling with plugins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users