• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsakatch

gsakatch

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Been playing with Fusion for about 5 months now. I do most of my work in Avid DS and Resolve, and have been plugging away when i get a chance. Lately trying to use the connection to and from Avid more and more. Right now i'm doing some paralax
shots on stills. Rather than do my initial bg paint in photoshop, i'm trying to do everything in Fusion. I keep getting hit with not sitting at the first frame of my still, or forgetting to set my stroke duration to a large number before is start painting. I can't figure out how to move my multistroke back to the start of the clip in the timeline view. I see the grey bar reprsenting the clip? and the white line inside it with a start and stop tick...is there some way i can move that start tick to do the entire clip after the fact?

Also when i add a 3d plane after the paint effect, i lose the paint effect...assuming this has something to do with going into 3d? What would be a good solution to take this painted bg into a 3d plane? Do i need to render out a frame, and bring that back in, or is there another tool i should be putting before the 3d plane to allow me to continue building my tree?

Thanks for any help

Glenn

#2 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

hi,
the multistroke itself is a paint node which has LESS controls, thus it is faster. There should be tool scripts in Fusion / Vfxpedia.com (RMB on the Paint Tool in the flow, go to the bottom of the list, where You should find Scripts> ) "Edit Multistroke" / "Combine Multistroke"...

Another option is to switch to "Paint Strokes" on Bar in the Viewer. With Paint Strrokes You CAN change the duration and whole lot of other options, but Paint Strokes are slower to render - just to keep that in mind ;) hth

#3 gsakatch

gsakatch

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thanks, i'll see what kind of damage i can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users