Photo

How To Move All Keys After Current Frame?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ater

Ater

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

Hi, everyone! In Adobe Flash, for example, there is one great feature: by pressing F5 you can insert a frame at current position (and by this shift all keys after current frame). Is it possible in Fusion? It is sometimes very hard to select keys and move when comp is large with many animated nodes...

Thanks

#2 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Interesting feature. Should be possible with a small script that you can map to a hotkey...

#3 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Or maybe not a hotkey... Might not be so easy to figure out exactly what parameter you wish to keyframe that way...

#4 Ater

Ater

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

to figure out exactly what parameter you wish to keyframe that way...

I mean move all keyframes of all nodes after current frame without adding keyframes. You don't need to identify any parameter.

It is useful when client just want to make longer some parts of animation or add a pause. Adding TimeSpeed or TimeStretcher will bring unnecessary complexity to the comp...

#5 Rockin

Rockin

Advanced Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm also interested in finding out how you guys retime your animation.

It's always been difficult for me to retime comps with large number of keys. In my case, just moving all the keys from all the nodes wouldn't be quite enough; I need the start&end times for all the loaders to change correspondingly.

#6 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

actualy You can do that alredy in Spline editor.. RMB on Spline Editor> Select Points> All Next ... should work, or am i not uderstanding You ?

#7 Ater

Ater

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

xmare, thanks for the tip! Somehow I forgot that... :blush: But why is this unavailable in Timeline?...

Rockin, you can avoid that problem by using animated TimeStretcher for Loaders. Each Loader starts at zero and TimeStretcher places it at appropriate position. So you can just move TimeStretcher keys with other keys.

#8 Rockin

Rockin

Advanced Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Ater, thanks, although it adds a little bit of complexity, that's a good suggestion :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users