71 replies to this topic

#1 PeKi7i

PeKi7i

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

This was talked about few years ago on this forum regarding generation/fusion future but i was overnumbered with "we really dont need that" comments,now foundry is implementing all things mentioned and eyeon is far behind again.Sad...

#2 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

Don't worry, We are getting what the industry really wanted. 4K HFR! How could we live without it? Take that Nuke! :P

#3 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

a video, pretty footage, product info on the web, and a release date. That's how you announce a software.

Still waiting for some bits about this Generation4K loaded system that is so expensive I've paid less for my brand new car.

#4 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

a video, pretty footage, product info on the web, and a release date. That's how you announce a software.

While watching that 'pretty footage' i was thinking about that recent Eyeon Webinar based on that stupid TV show that went offline a few hours later for legal reasons...

It gives you some perspective, doesn't it?

#5 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

Ok, I don't have a hour to watch that video at the moment. But what is Nuke Studio? At first I thought it was like the Adobe creative suite, but this is what collections is already. Is NS sort of like Smoke? Is it competing with the new Resolve 11 and trying to a be a finishing app? Is it Nuke Lite in terms of compositing? Knowing the foundry though it wont be affordable in any sense of the word.

#6 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

I watched the Nuke Studio video without sound and that makes it look like a video about people recovering from goth music. Until they showed the GUI :-)

#7 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

for me it looks like Adobe.... eeehh ... Foundry Premiere Pro.... .. with a flavour of Generation.
So the Foundry have seen / felt the 'impact' of GenerationAM.. ?

And Yes - the Proper release info!
btw - i'm still struggling to find eyeon press release of gen4K - does anyone have a link?

#8 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

nuke studio seems like a version of smoke/flame (and it can do 4k playback als :mf_prop: )
i think now everybody is really making a huge buzz about it and in a few month when you see the price tag all go "whaaaattt?!!!". i predict a price above 10k USD, then you need a killer workstation with a lot of disk I/O and you get another 10k on top. is not what everybody needs or can afford

#9 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

btw - i'm still struggling to find eyeon press release of gen4K - does anyone have a link?

http://m.broadcastno...5070488.article

#10 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

http://www.spherevfx...-generation-4k/

#11 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

;) heh.. i 've got the info by email - forgot to check..
still it's kind of silly, that the info is NOT on eyeon site.... perhaps They are too busy on NAB, dealilng with huge no of customers ;D

#12 isotron

isotron

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

..i think they want to go in the "smoke/flame-direction", but Blackmagics Resolve getting much more a finishing tool, step by step, with v11 they will rock. This software has the best GPU Acceleration, ...with 2 GTX Titans u can do nearly everythink in realtime. And two newly announced TitanX will speed it up by 100%! And the price ....and the price!!!! ;) Generation and Nuke Studio only take advantage in the colloborative thinks... but late 2014, we will see , its April! But right, the foundry alway shout loud, why not.... eyeon!

#13 morazzy

morazzy

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

Based on what I saw, it looks very slick. Has some real promise. I want too see what the eyeon 4K thing is all about, but it is really going after the smoke crowd. It is what TOXIK was, and should have been. Many of you may not know of toxik, but it was amazing in the beginning, then Autodesk got there stupid hands on it, and then it was a train wreck. Anyway, the editorial, versioning, the timeline effects, project assigning, EDL management etc. all point too a Smoke like thing. Having worked with Smoke in our pipeline, it does not really even come close, yet! It is an interesting start.

Cheers

#14 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

I thought it was a Smoke competitor. Well, Resolve is going after that market already since version 10 and it's hard to compete with free. Besides versioning, which I'm not really sure Resolve supports, everything else is there, depending on how much of nuke is in nuke studio. Resolve is not a compositing software. Resolve 11 announced yesterday adds even more editing and finishing tools.

I'm not sure I see this flying with the general production audience. May be popular with nuke users. But with Resolve being free can't see any Premiere, Avid, Lightworks or FCP users going for this. Or any Smoke users for that matter.

#15 mdharrington

mdharrington

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

This comes free with their production collective....
Or rather replaces nukex and hiero

$9600 gets you this,modo and Mari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users