13 replies to this topic

#1 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

you can now get matchmover from autodesk for free on there app exchange site, i never used it myself but you can now have a 3d camera tracking solution for free. (besides blender)

if want to have some buggy software you can also get composite (formerly "Toxik") as a new compositing software

and if you looking for a new renderfarm manager: backburner is now also on the free software list

#2 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Nice. They abandon the software, but at least give it away. Not bad.

#3 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

so maybe we can also find Softimage and Naiad ;)
i wish

#4 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

so maybe we can also find Softimage and Naiad ;)
i wish

naiad was turned into "Bifrost" and is now shippig with maya 2015, with less functions then naiad had but they need something for the next releases

#5 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Never used it. How does it compare to Syntheyes? How long has it been since Matchmover was updated? Interesting.

#6 qbzy

qbzy

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Matchmover was pretty expensive software back in the days. I think that is great news for small studios that cant afford more complex tracking software.

#7 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

i think last update for matchmover was with the 2011 relase, this was back in 2010 then?

#8 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I remember it being very powerful. I have used an early version of it - I think it was version 2? - before Syntheyes came along.

You can even do object tracking and motion capture with this one. I'll report back once I had a chance to play with it.

And ooooh - hint, Tilt! :) - there is a python scripting engine in there... :)

#9 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hmmmmmmyeah.

Syntheyes this ain't :)

I remember now why I never looked at this again after I saw how fast Syntheyes can solve stuff.

But, it's a 3D tracker for free, and I'm sure with some effort you can get some decent results. Good for testing, but I think for pro stuff I'd rather fork out 500 bucks. :)

#10 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Besides solving speed what else Syntheyes offer over Matchmover? I read a review from back in the day comparing both and Matchmover won. But that was an older version of Syntheyes. Matchmover also seem to have had quite the following back then.

#11 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

you can now get matchmover from autodesk for free on there app exchange site, i never used it myself but you can now have a 3d camera tracking solution for free. (besides blender)

Blender doesn't really count for us Fusion users right? You can't export anything. It's just for use within Blender, unless they changed that?

#12 msadauskas

msadauskas

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

Blender doesn't really count for us Fusion users right? You can't export anything. It's just for use within Blender, unless they changed that?

Not exactly - you can export camera and objects motions to collada or fbx.

#13 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

well, you can export from blender several 3d scene formats and fbx is coming very soon to the offical release

with some scripting afford you should also be able to export blenders rotomasks

#14 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

OK but somehow seems not ideal. Specially now with free Matchmover I guess it would be just easier and better to use it over Blender. Also Syntheyes is cheap enough that using Blender I guess is only worth it if you use it for 3D already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users