http://youtu.be/CbNw97W2Nvw

#2 vladi013

vladi013

Advanced Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Are they hinting at volumetrics galore in Fu7? :)

#3 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

thank you eyeon

#4 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

One month away... I can't handle so many emotions!

Posted Image

#5 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

what exactly is beautiful? a release date?....
now, that i find a bit of ironic - the Forum / Users "crying" because of release month... and not much more...

EDIT:
I hope i get my mouth shut by New Release - a perfect response..

#6 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

But why did Pilalitos have to dig it up? I would have thought it would be in Eyeon's best interest to scream it from the top of the highest mountain.

#7 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

what exactly is beautiful? a release date?....
now, that i find a bit of ironic - the Forum / Users "crying" because of release month... and not much more...

It was an attempt to be humorous AND slightly ironic. Chill out!

A release day is better than nothing :)

#8 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

;)
sorry
perhaps today was my "grumpy grampa" day..

won't comment anything more... even the "presentation"... ;D

with best wishes and regards
the "trying to chill while rotoscoping grumpy grandpa xmare" ;)

#9 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Sorry, I just can't help it. You're a better man than I am. I just have to comment.

Just watched the presentation. It almost blew me away...from Fusion.

Is this for Fu7 or Fu2? For a moment there I thought I was back in the 90's. Not the features but the "presentation".

But it at least explains why they didn't scream it from the top of the highest mountain.

#10 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, I just can't help it. You're a better man than I am. I just have to comment.

yeah... told You this is my bad day.. and i felt somehow "evil" to "beat" You ;) (no insult intended)

and today barca lost the copa del Rey...
and the presentation...

#11 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

it all seems to be geared towards the producers and non-techy NAB visitors (who might, however, be decision makers at companies!). The merit of this can be debated, but at least this presentation and the info on the website is consistent in its used-car-salesman language and buzzword rethoric (how many adjectives can you strategically insert into bulllet point lists of no more than four items while not spelling out things clearly or committing to specific features and benchmarks?)

Maybe that is exactly how you need to present yourself at NAB so I wouldn't necessarily blame this presentation video.
I hope we'll get a better changelog-type info on Fu7 that users and people who aren't put off by technical descriptions can actually get some information from.

#12 mdharrington

mdharrington

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

I've been to lots of NAB's....
A lot of non tech types with fat wallets.....so not a bad marketing approach

Anybody with knowledge in this field is usually leaning another direction already.....just the way it is

#13 Piotr Podermanski

Piotr Podermanski

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

My kids would build a better presentation. So strange. It's a visual tool after all. It's like promoting a music band using a mute video. It won't work on non-tech types also.

#14 Galvenon

Galvenon

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

No matter, the presentation is very LOL worth. First it looks to be written by a non native English speaker. Very badly formulated. Can't they at least pay a native speaker writer instead of asking the roto intern to write it for them?

Then the LOL intensity goes up when you read things like " Industry-leader in Client relations" LOL, what? Yes, the bashing going on here really reflects how great their client-relations skills are and this is not what we are complaining about at all. Thank God their client-relations standard is not the industry standard!

Then we have "Positioned to provided industry-demanded technologies". Hahaha, what's with all the items on the wishlist that have not been added? If that's not considered industry-demanded I don't know what is.

On the partners screen they have FxGuide listed. When was the last time they did a piece on Fusion? When was the last time any media did a piece on Fusion? They also have Blackmagic Design listed. Didn't Blackmagic dump Fusion? You can no longer use their cards with Fusion. Who is Eyeon trying to fool?

Then they have the same screen captures of Fusion that have been on the site for like ages. Way to create excitement! Anonymous was released in 2011 and was not even a hit. Time to stop milking that cow. It makes it look like you have nothing else to brag about but showing plates of a 4 years old movie that used Fusion.

One thing they got right is when they said "Loyal Customers". I think Fusion users are more than loyal. We are probably bordering on being sheep. This is the only thing that explains our holy patience.

They could have still made it interesting and exciting to look at while understandable to non techies. They didn't have to kill it with those 90's quality level graphics and creativity. They just had to pay a production company that actually knows how to make a promo instead of having the intern's sister do it in her After Effects edu license.

I mean, not even a sound track for the online version? Really?

No wonder Fusion is becoming the butt joke of the town. Some would say it already has. If it's talked about the way it is being in here among Fusion users, imagine what people say outside. Actually probably it's only talked about here as I doubt anybody bothers with it out there.

#15 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

Galvenon, you've crossed a line here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users