#1 Miaz3

Miaz3

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

I would like to know the equivalence in Fu to create (like Nuke) Knob, and stickynote label to automate loader&saver ?!
Exemple :
knob > Root.rendering
Path : [value Root.rendering]/scene[value relight.label]_comp_[value version.label].####.jpeg

There to similarity or doing by Macro's ? can i do the same with Underlay, note ?

#2 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, you can't add expressions to a saver's file name input in Fusion. There's a frame rendered InTool script where you could rename/copy/move the rendered frame but I don't know how stable that is.

#3 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

So you just want to have a text entry field in the Saver tool? Or get a string from a Note and use that to modify the file name in a Saver? You can add controls per-node with UserControls. These can be saved with defaults, too. I'm not sure how you can force a script evaluation, though, but you can use a render event suite script. Or just a comp or tool script, too.

Are you using a macro? There's some hokey ways to make this work inside a macro.

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Oh waitaminit. You're looking to evaluate variables in a path? That's what pathmaps do. You can have global ones and each comp can have a pathmap for anything and whenever that string appears in a LD or SV or whatever the string gets replaced automatically. Can be done per user by setting it in the prefs, too, or use Windows environment variables like %USERNAME%.

#5 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

Oh waitaminit. You're looking to evaluate variables in a path? That's what pathmaps do. You can have global ones and each comp can have a pathmap for anything and whenever that string appears in a LD or SV or whatever the string gets replaced automatically. Can be done per user by setting it in the prefs, too, or use Windows environment variables like %USERNAME%.

But path maps are only expanded at the beginning of a path, they can't be used to add a version number in a file name for example.

#6 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hmmm... Ok, so I guess we're back to a script for that. Bummer.

I can set the Clip just fine with a Frame Render Script, but since I'm changing the current tool, this triggers a loop. Setting the Clip in a Start Render Script doesn't seem to do anything. Hmmm...

#7 pingking

pingking

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:24 AM

variables in loaders/savers are a on the wishlist since a very long time

#8 Miaz3

Miaz3

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Or get a string from a Note and use that to modify the file name in a Saver?

Exaclty, but on both (LD&SV with value) and retrieve on text+ for overlay, or anywhere.

variables in loaders/savers are a on the wishlist since a very long time

Well, hum... that an answer :D

thank all, take time to explain.

++

#9 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

You can have a comp script that takes all the Savers and checks them to see if they have a paired up Note, then take the comment string from that Note and use that as a component of a string that you then set the Saver's Clip to. That's all reasonably straightforward. You could even make a scriptlib for the string function if you were expecting it to be automatic. The pairing of Saver and Note could even be done by proximity in flow.

The only part I'm not sure of is if you can use an OnRender event suite instead of a comp script.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users