Arr.. That video made me burn my grilled cheese :/

#3 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Don't destroy our Eyeon nirvana! We are in a different time-space continuum! :mf_tongue:

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

What was the pricing again?

#5 morazzy

morazzy

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Really! If you had something to discuss, question and had to reference this video. Cool! However just posting a link to it seems, well, a little disingenuous to me. I think most people are,fully aware of the product. I only say this because this is a eyeon discussion site, and not a foundry discussion site. I know i can not stop you, and many of your topics have been of interest, but think about what you post. I am sure everyone does not want me to post everything cool about flame or,smoke etc...

just my thoughts..

cheers

#6 PeKi7i

PeKi7i

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

it is interesting to me, and related to eyeon in a way,that these nu studio funcionality were discused here on forum in a topic about generation future couple years ago

#7 morazzy

morazzy

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Well, i don't know about that... I did say if related to some related topic of discussion it would make sense, but just a link?

sorry man, you just happen to be my victim for letting out my bought on the topic.

cheers.

#8 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Although, this is information about compositing software, I don't see why it should be posted here, on a dedicated Fusion forum.

#9 Kristof

Kristof

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think it's cool to post something like this. What's the problem exactly? The title says it all: meanwhile. As in: while we're waiting for Fu 7 to be released.

Chad has a good point though. :)

Anyway, looking at different software applications and learning from it and see how things can be done, can be inspiring. I'm all for it.

#10 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yeah well knowing a couple of these shots first hand I can tell you that they were a BITCH to do in Nuke and ironically relying heavily on techniques which would have been way easier to do Fusion. See how (however true it is) this doesn't add anything useful either?

Also, this video has been posted here before, and I wish people would stop comparing like for like. Fusion+Generation is so so different from Nuke+Hiero. Just pick the one you like best and go with that.

#11 Kristof

Kristof

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

As if every single post on this forum adds something useful. If what you say is true about those aforementioned shots--and I'm not doubting you--you can't deny that TF's spin is working. All glam and glitter and people go "aaaaaahhhh!" Meanwhile--staying on topic--what does Eyeon do? Miss yet another deadline.

We have a common background (Grid). I love Fusion just as much as you. I've posted before that Nuke isn't perfection either. And I've always been about making a choice and making do with what you got as it pays off in the long run.

#12 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

For sure the marketing works. The Foundry is also being super aggressive. Which is fine. To the point where they are arguably lying about their own product. Which is not fine. But I digress.

I actually wasn't replying to your post but to the video being posted with nothing more than a link. Sorry I did not make that clear.

I do have to say that Eyeon is doing way more than just missing another deadline. But my vantage point is maybe a little different...

#13 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

I would certainly say that Your vantage point is different as most of the Forum don't see anything more than a scraps of news taken from ANY info on the net ( i mean Come On! we go frame-by-frame through video to see if Fusion7 beta has some more tools, and noticing the "Great-News" that it has the Keyframes on the TimeRuler! and than taking a good long look and cherishing how good modular UI looks like... oh and Yes - different edge mode in Merge.. mhhhmmmm mhmmmmm....)

or Your newest Macro - "Do Optical Flow" chackbox - and.. "ooo Does it mean that Fusion7 will have the feature?"...

all that secrets and "Treasure Discovery-Related Adrenaline" just do not work... anymore - it's not the time and definitely not the market for that.

Meanwhile, the NS video is "old, and to me it's sth along the lines:
we show You our idea of the product - let's hear Your voices / comments / ideas / perhaps we will incorporate them in a release.... (sth more or less)

Meanwhile.. looking for fu7.. too bad the company i'm working with do not have the patience....

#14 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

You're absolutely right. And it honestly pains me I can't share more than I do, even with just-not-blurred-enough images. But I'm working on that.

#15 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

I want a better vantage point. wwwwaaaahhhh no fair, secondman is cheating. :mf_w00t2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users