7 replies to this topic

#1 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Is it possible to render individual lights in Fusion, like you can do in maya? So if I created a point light and a spot light in a scene using fusion's 3d environment, and want to render point light in one 3D render node and spotlight in another node to individually color correct, etc before potting together via merge 2D node? Thanks.

Regards,

Alkesh.

#2 iLuso

iLuso

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

You can try render lights with red, green and blue colors. And after you can use that result as mask.

#3 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try.. Wonder if that will yield the same result as creating separate 3D merge for each light + the objects, render them in separate Render 3D nodes, and then combine. There is only "enable" or "disable" lights in Render 3D node, and not "select" light to my knowledge...not even via object ID.

#4 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

You can limit the Lighting via merge3D - "pass through lights" option (or sth similar)...
But You must set-up Your scene correctly

#5 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Marek. That should work. Appreciate everyone's help!

#6 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

A 3D filter tool would be useful. Of course you can't currently assign ID's to lights, so that means you'd have to filter by name, which is bad. Really, your only option currently is to change the setup of your Merge3D's, which could be problematic for complex shots involving lots of nested transforms.

#7 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thanks. Not sure how often people run into a need for such a thing.. but like many things in life, an option to select light in Render 3D node would be good! Of course I can render lights from Maya and then comp in Fusion.. but trying compare speed by putting more in Fusion's 3D environment rather than on 3D modeling/animation software.

#8 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

It shouldn't be in the Renderer3D, you just need "masks" for 3D, which is already provided for SOME tools via Object ID's. The problem is that there's no ID's for lights, nor is there a general Delete3D (or UnMerge3D) tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users