#1 holgerneuhaeuser

holgerneuhaeuser

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hi
has anybody found out how to get roto assist to work?

Found the function in the poly toolbar and activated it, but can´t figure out how to get it to track along.

Thanks

#2 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Something that I will be delving into this weekend. Will let you know if no others chime in before me.

#3 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I took a look at it, but couldn't figure it out. I can turn it on; but nothing after that. Hopefully the guys at Eyeon can chime in.

#4 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

What i will say is only an assumption from the presentations i have seen but i don't think that Roto Assist has any tracking functionality. What i think it does is that it snaps the points to the edges of the images.

#5 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I've played around with it and it seems like that feature will highlight (and snap to) high-contrast edges in the viewer when you move spline vertices.

For drawing a new spline, this feature seemed to detect some edges and was missing others that seemed to my human eye quite obvious. Then it would no longer highlight or snap to edges it had detected previously.

The "Roto Assist Multiple Points" option is weird. I placed some points and suddenly it would create a bunch of additional points along the edge that I had roto'd. Clicking to place a new point then created two of them under my mouse cursor. Both totally screwed up the spline I had drawn?!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users