2 replies to this topic

#1 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Hey guys need a little help. I've downloaded python, but I'm not sure where to put it so that Fusion can see it. I have install versions of C:\Python27 and C:\Python32 and even C:\Python34. I've even copied python folder under Fusion folder and in Scripts folder. But, each time I open Fusion to see if it's working. On the console I see Py2 and Py3 buttons, but when I click on them, it states python cannot be found.

Trying to get Applink setup between 3dcoat and Fusion.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

On my machine, C:\Python27 is part of my PATH environment variable.

edit: and did you install the AMD64 version? It's probably needed if you run Fusion 64bit (Fusion 7 is no longer available in just 32 bit I think).

#3 ernesttx

ernesttx

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Yeah I install 64bit version and added to environment path. Never messed with Python before; but, I can see that I will need to for some things. I'll recheck what I've done and start over if need be. Thanks.

hmm...still unable to get them to connect. In Fustion 7, under Preferences>Global>Script the choice to select a version of Python is greyed out and I can't select anything. The choices are listed are 3.1 and 2.7. But, I can't select or change anything.

Edit: ok seems python 3.4 wasn't working, so I d/l 2.7 64 bit and installed. Changed Path to C:\Python27 and Fusion 7 sees that now. The error was not finding Python 3.3. So, I guess you have to have the version Fusion is looking for and not able to point it. Regardless, my applink scripts for 3dcoat are showing up now, so that is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users