4 replies to this topic

#1 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello! Is there a known issue about tangents of animated curves from Maya to Fusion not matching? I created a camera in Maya, did my animation, adjusted animation curve to make a smooth camera move. When I brought it in Fusion (both 6.4 and 7), I noted that during the journey from frame 1 to 480, camera did not behave as intended. When checking animation curves, they look different in Fusion around the key frame points compared to Maya. All key frames show sharper change in Fusion.

Thanks.

#2 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Did you bake your animation?
when moving from one software to another it's always advisable to bake all your keys.

#3 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hi "Tilt". I first used Fusion's camera import work flow. That's where I noted the animation curve mismatch between original camera in maya and the the imported Fusion camera. Then I baked camera in maya (so I have key frame at every frame now in maya). How do you export? as FBX? I tried, but when I import FBX in Fusion, I get just a static camera as it is on frame 1. I checked FBX settings in maya, and "animation" and "bake animation" are both checked.

#4 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

I think I figured it out. The camera I was trying to export via FBX was inside a group. So after I brought it outside the group, imported camera in Fusion has animation. Now testing the match. Thanks.

#5 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

By the way, I think rotation ordering in Maya, and default on imported camera did not match. When I changed rotation order on imported camera to "xyz", everything matched perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users