#31 French_Fry

French_Fry

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Got it installed and I'm liking it too.
I find the "Pass Through" icon to be a little hard to tell what it is, especially silhouetted. But, on the other hand, I always felt that Eyeon's version of it wasn't very good either. I was trying to think conceptually what the best representation would be...the closest thing I could think of would be like a power button. hmm...I'll keep thinking about it.

Thanks for the theme though!

#32 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Thanks! PassThrough is one of the few icons up there that support an on and off state. So I could do an off version without the diagonal line (and that looks more like a node) and the on version could have the red line through it.

#33 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

I've updated the skin (download in previous post). Changed the pass-through icon, made blue buttons a bit brighter, checkboxes slightly beveled, render button is now purple again, added tracker icons.

#34 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Love the tracker icons!

I would still like to see the all yellow icons - could you do that just for me pretty please sir? :)

#35 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

actually You can do it Yourself - fuskin is a zip file - just unzip and color the appropriate icon...
i did the same for the checkbox - mad them yellow (in previous version) :)

#36 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I know I can do it myself but that's not the same. ;)

#37 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

I'll give you the yellow icons to test it... after all I've got them in my psd already.
But xmare is right: whoever wants cotton candy can edit my fuskin file or build a new one. I have written a document about skins while I have reverse-engineered the default one. will post it to vfxpedia soon.

#38 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

So here's your mod with a yellow disk cache and lock icon.

https://www.dropbox....esh14mod.fuskin

Unfortunately, Fusion's skin engine isn't flexible enough... The disk cache icon is automatically converted to grayscale for the non-activated state, and the lock icon only has one state. There is no separate icon for the title bars so you end up with yellow on yellow :-(

#39 redoddity

redoddity

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

Here's hoping Eyeon will ditch the current UI framework with Fu8 for something like Qt (no more MFC, multiplatform (Wine sucks, period), no more limited IUP 2 (or trying to get 3 to work), etc.)

Just ranting...sorry

#40 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

So here's your mod with a yellow disk cache and lock icon.

https://www.dropbox....esh14mod.fuskin

Unfortunately, Fusion's skin engine isn't flexible enough... The disk cache icon is automatically converted to grayscale for the non-activated state, and the lock icon only has one state. There is no separate icon for the title bars so you end up with yellow on yellow :-(

Thanks for indulging me Tilt :)

I see what you mean though. Especially with the icons on the nodes...

#41 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Here's hoping Eyeon will ditch the current UI framework with Fu8 for something like Qt (no more MFC, multiplatform (Wine sucks, period), no more limited IUP 2 (or trying to get 3 to work), etc.)

Just ranting...sorry

Many moons ago, Eric said that they tried Qt once but it wasn't fast enough to update sliders etc while the comp is playing. And given that Nuke actually has this embarrassing button that disables GUI updates to speed up playback of a cached image sequence... I'm guessing that Eric's words are still valid.

But on the other hand, I'm totally with you. Writing a GUI framework is hard and eyeon has to do all the work themselves besides developing their apps. With Qt they could built upon thousands of hours of work that countless other people have been investing to make sure the GUI is working consistently and flicker-free.

#42 theotheo

theotheo

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

I would sacrifice moving sliders during playback (with a toggle button) if it meant a unix* version would surface. I'm sure QT have come a long way since that stetment was made too......

Oh, Tilt's theme looks great :)

#43 redoddity

redoddity

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I would sacrifice moving sliders during playback (with a toggle button) if it meant a unix* version would surface. I'm sure QT have come a long way since that stetment was made too......

Oh, Tilt's theme looks great :)

Seeing Maya is using it and they have no problem running the viewports in more than adequate speeds with the possibility present to drag on sliders in the attribute editor without much problems, i think things might have improved.

#44 Alkesh

Alkesh

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Tilt for your work on the theme! I am sure it was not easy.

I have a question for anyone... not particularly about the "theme" per se, but about the work-flow. Is it possible to transfer "F4" function to "spacebar"?

Also, Is it possible to change navigation like controls in Fusion to more like Maya? (i.e. W for transform, R for scale, E for rotate). I am so much used to Maya.. that often I struggle with these basic functions.

I tried to see these things in File > Scripts... but I can't find these controls. Thanks.

#45 xmare

xmare

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

IMO You can do that with Hotkey manager or manually editting fusion.hotkeys in Your preferences

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users