#1 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hi!

After waiting anxiously for Fu7 it was released during my holiday so this is the first playtime I get with it and I can't get SSAO to work with OpenCL. :mf_fart:

I get a black RGB, all other channels are present with data, normals, z buffer, alplha.

My gfx card is a Quadro 5010m, and selectable in the prefs as the standard device (OpeCL 1.1 CUDA).

Clues anybody?

Thanks!

Marc

#2 Jeff Krebs

Jeff Krebs

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Do any of the other openCL tools work or is this limited to SSAO.
just checking before digging deeper.

#3 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hi Jeff,

OCLRays is black also, the rest of the tools under OpenCL seem to work fine...

I checked in Fu6.4 and there OCLRays is black too. But when I move around the Center in the viewport it works in AutoProxy.. (also in Fu7 btw)?!

Never had this before... it was getting time for a system refresh, guessing it's due to my setup atm, will post if that helped.

Thanks!

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

What is the resolution of the input image?

Most of Fusion's OpenCL tools are resolution limited. They're fine for HD work, but for very high resolution they may fail. If your Proxy resolution is low enough, you might see something but at full resolution you might be over the limit.

The actual resolution limit is set by the OpenCL device's maximum image size and global memory size, which varies, but Fusion doesn't do anything to break up a large image to process over the smaller buffers. For some tools, like OCLRays or SSAO, you can see how this would increase the code complexity, but yeah, returning black is not good either. Are you sure it isn't erroring?

- Chad

#5 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for you reply Chad. Due to my schedule I did not find time to reinstall my system yet. I did update my gfx driver and now some other things are happening.

I don't think it is caused by high resolution. Just using 1080p in 8 bit....

Fusion 6.4 (1118) OCL seems fine. OCLRays works without problems, as well as the other OCL tools.
Fusion 7.0 (1450) is crashing as soon as I touch an input of OCLRays and make adjustments.

The other OCL tools seem fine in F7 (Mandelbrot, noise etc), except of course SSAO =\

Here is a little video of what happens, no erroring, just freezes until I release it into the Great Bitvoid.

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

I can avoid using these tools in F7 at this moment, but would really like to get to the root of this problem..and also play around with OCL accelerated SSAO!

Thanks!

Marc

#6 iLuso

iLuso

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

MuRC

Check you video driver. If you have nvidia card the 344 version is broken.

#7 MuRC

MuRC

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

iLuso, I have the Quadro 5010M with driver version 9.18.13.4052

I don't see a 3 digit version number, just the above..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users