• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gsakatch

gsakatch

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

I was hoping fusion 7 would find a fix for importing movies when the Miraizon Prores codec is installed on the box.

I still can't get ProRes files to load. Anyone having success with Miraizon as a reader? (apparently it works as a write codec out of Fusion)

#2 Jules

Jules

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

I bought the Miraizon codec and when installed I could no longer read ProRes files. Eyeon tech support said "the Miraizon codecs don't work with Fusion, they change the behavior of Quicktime".

Miraizon in reply said "I would say that answer is a bit of a cop-out from the Fusion folks.  How can a plug-in "change the behavior of QuickTime"?

More likely what is happening is that Fusion has a bug in which it cannot handle having two different components installed that support decoding of the same format.  You can check this by taking out the Apple decoder component and seeing if it solves things for you. 

To do this, follow this procedure:
1. Quit all applications that use QuickTime including Fusion
2. If you see "Apple ProRes Decoder" listed in your Programs and Settings control panel, uninstall it
3. Locate the "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem" folder
4. Locate the file named "AppleProResDecoder.qtx" and if present drag it out to your desktop
5. Make sure our components are installed
6. Reboot your system
7. Run Fusion and see if the problem is gone

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it's possible that if the apple prores decoder is uninstalled from QT, then the Miraizon codec 'might' work.

Speaking of codecs - the Avid DNxHD codecs I have installed are causing all sorts of weird corruptions of the video, particularly with peak white or 100% chroma areas of the video, once they have been rendered to this format. The odd thing is that they are fine if played in QT or in adobe premiere. They only show corruptions when viewed within Fusion (both 6 and 7).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users