• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsakatch

gsakatch

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Starting to play with PF track, and trying to wrap my head around getting a proper point cloud into Fusion.

I have a pretty solid track out of pf track. I export a .ma file, and import that into fusion for a camera and a point cloud. I think that is all lining up properly in my comp, but
as i try to add a 3d cube to the scene to check it out, i'm having trouble positioning it against my point cloud.

The points are so small in my scene, that I'm having trouble identifying them.

Not sure if there is a scaling issue coming out of PF track, or an XYZ needs to be reversed issue, or some other "gotcha"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've look for tutorials, but they all make it look so easy, and then i try it, and just plugging the right item into
the right node is hard enough.

Are there any specific "point clouds/ 3d cameras into fusion tutorials out there anywhere?

Thanks

Glenn

#2 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

If it's just the size of the points that is too small... there's a setting in the PointCloud3D's control panel that increases their size.

#3 gsakatch

gsakatch

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

I think what i've found is to reduce the size of the comp on export from pftrack to .08 percent.   That seems to give me a fairly close representation of grid size and point cloud position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users