#1 Mclawest

Mclawest

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hey to all!

I'm trying to do a forward connection between 3rd-party 3d application and Fusion to automate conversion of image sequences to quicktimes.

I found this type of the commands from command prompt:

Fusion usage from prompt:

c:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Fusion.exe /?

When you will type this you will see a pop-up window with commands. (I'm always thought that it should to be -h)

so, to load a prebuilded comp and render it from cmd the syntax is pretty easy:

c:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Fusion.exe d:/myComp.comp /render 0 100 /quit

where: path to your comp, executable command (hits Render button for you), frame range, closes Fusion when the rendering is done.

The next step is to give a custom names and versions for rendered quicktimes (or inherit it from 3d app).

There is an "/args [...]" command, which is an arguments. If I'm right I can specify an argument right in a Saver node in Fusion and use it in cmd, right? If so - is there someone who know how to use arguments?

For exmaple: in Nuke I can write a [argv 0] in Write node (c:/[argv 0].mov) so the name of the quicktime will be inherited from the name which I will give in cmd (just a simple text, like "snowball", so the quicktime will have a name "snowball.mov").

Thanks!

Attached Files

• Thomasdex likes this

#2 Mclawest

Mclawest

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

solved, topic can be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic