• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 judderbones

judderbones

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'm looking for a way to find a hue of a an solid color and be able to pull that hue value like the color information a color picker would extract .  Right now all color pickers I've tried only pull RGB values.  What I'm looking for is to pull the hue value automatically, where the picker would update with a new hue value if a new image were loaded into the loader.  Example:  I have a 100x100 solid blue color and have a picker that can pull the hue of that blue, I then will take that hue value and expression it to control the hue value of a Color Corrector to change the hue of an image that Color Corrector is connected to. Then, if I load a 100x100 red solid color in place of the blue, the color picker would update the hue value in the picker and send that information to the expressioned Color Corrector hue value which will change the hue of the image it is connected to.   Well, that is the best I can explain it.  If anyone knows if there is away to do this in Fusion please let me know.  I've tried everything I know. Thanks.

Judd

#2 ShadowMaker SdR

ShadowMaker SdR

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

I am not sure what you're trying to achieve, but you can add a color space tool after your image and convert the image to a HSV one.

That way the Hue value will be stored in the red channel.Then modify the hue from the color corrector with a probe modifier that samples the red channel of the colorspace tool.This way the hue of the image will drive the hue slider of the color corrector.

I hope this helps.

#3 judderbones

judderbones

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the reply ShadowMaker!  You're a genius, the probe was the key and now it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users