5 replies to this topic

#1 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

I restarted my efforts to write an importer for SVG to Fusion and two days later I got this.

It basically works, theres much room for improvement, some things won't work and probably never will, but as long as you have objects consisting of paths this baby will be able to handle it.

I think I'll be too lazy to do stuff like different layers etc, simple because I would need to get Rotation, Position (which should work) and Scale form the transformation matrices. Since I've skiped math class quite a lot I don't know if this is even possible :huh:

Anyhow it does work in some cases like the example shows. This is a stand alone application and no script. This enabled me to add some nice preview features. Qt is nice, this is my first application with it.

Cheers
Blazej

Attached Files

#2 bluesrock

bluesrock

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

Good work. That could be VERY useful!

Do you have any use for this ai2svg python script?

I found it here:
http://wiki.inkscape...Tools#ai2svg.py

Attached Files

#3 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

Thanks bluesrock,

this could be the trick when you don't have Illustrator, but from what I see it is a very basic converter.

Chances are that it won't always do the trick. There are plenty possibilities how a SVG might be structured, I've only implemented one, the most basic one. Next target is to do groups etc.

#4 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

This looks very cool :)

When will it be released?

#5 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

I can only invest my spare time but I plan to release it as soon as I have it workling properly (import) and made it more acceptable to use (export options).

If everything works out expect a beta in may.

#6 bfloch

bfloch

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Hi there,

I will start Beta for the SVG Importer soon. It will be closed so that the initial public release works (more or less).

What do you need to do?
Send me a mail to apply. Please provide some basic information:
- What fusion Version do you use
- If you have Python installed, if yes which version (it's not required though)
- What version of SVG-Supported Illustration Application you use, if any (e.g. Illustator CS2, Corel Draw XXX)
- What's your favorite beer(tm by eyeon ;)

Then you get the importer and may test away.
If you find bugs or some svgs do not work or have suggestions contact me.

Note that not all svgs may be supported. If you can provide me with the one I can see if it is due to a bug or serious lack of format support. If it is I will patch it within the beta phase. If not it will be added as feature request / bug for upcoming releases. The goal is to have basic svgs working or being able to manipulate and export the Vectors in Illustrator & Co. in a fashion that it is supported by the importer.

If you are still interested send me a mail or PM.
Cheers
Blazej

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users