33 replies to this topic

#1 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

Just a heads up that we recently released one of our plugins where interesting+useful returns high.

It can be used for rotoscoping, as well as color selection, texture sampling, coordinate space conversion, and various other tasks.

- Chad

#2 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

Just a heads up that we recently released one of our plugins where interesting+useful returns high.

It can be used for rotoscoping, as well as color selection, texture sampling, coordinate space conversion, and various other tasks.

- Chad

Link doesn't work at the moment!

#3 jolly_rodger

jolly_rodger

Advanced Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

I think this here
http://www.anatomica...olyline-unwrap/

#4 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

I think this here
http://www.anatomica...olyline-unwrap/

Silly me. Should have previewed my post.... fixed.

#5 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

An interesting tool!

Thanks for sharing! :)

#6 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

:)

#7 hulan

hulan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thatís pretty cool! Thank you for sharing, it looks like this could be quite useful.
I read in some other post that you guys at AT are doing some development of CUDA plug-ins to Fusion, it would be really interesting to hear how that is coming along and what results you guys are experiencing.

Cheers
Christoffer

#8 Pinionist

Pinionist

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thatís pretty cool! Thank you for sharing, it looks like this could be quite useful.
I read in some other post that you guys at AT are doing some development of CUDA plug-ins to Fusion, it would be really interesting to hear how that is coming along and what results you guys are experiencing.

Cheers
Christoffer

I second that!

#9 robertjackson1

robertjackson1

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

thanks for the plugin. Looks really interesting. Would also like to hear how your CUDA dev is going?

#10 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

An interesting tool!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Yeah, it's one of my favorite tools that Matt's made yet, because it's so useful, yet so unique. We've got tools that are more extreme in both those criteria, but this combines aspects of both. From lowly roto checking to some crazy remappings, it's proved to be very helpful. Like you can use it as a way to generate a suitable image for "FromImage" gradient modifiers when you want to take a non-linear sample. Or you can connect it to the path of an animated object and record it's XY animation to a perfectly straight line.

I'm interested in any other uses someone comes up with, so if you ever do something, maybe let us know about it. There's a running "todo" list as well, but that's not public, so feel free to comment on how it's not working, but understand that we can't promise any kind of support, yada yada yada.

As to the CUDA stuff, we've got 2 tools that have "Enable CUDA" which lets you compare the C++ to the CUDA version and one that runs only in CUDA. The "Enable CUDA" tools show a 20x-35x speed improvement with just a single GPU. We haven't tried scaling it up with SLI or Tesla hardware yet. The theory is that we can upgrade (or add more) GPU horsepower MUCH easier and cheaper than doing a CPU upgrade. It's not all roses and gumdrops mind you, but the results are very tantilizing, and the nature of Fusion's architecture is conducive to some aspects of this process.

- Chad

#11 mzigaib

mzigaib

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

I am getting an error on fusion load

"The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail".

Any ideas?

#12 mattirwin

mattirwin

Piglet

• Adv Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

I am getting an error on fusion load

"The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail".

Any ideas?

Do you have the Visual Studio 2005 runtimes installed that it mentions in the ReadMe file? I'm not sure if this is why you're getting the message, but the runtimes are required for the tools we make. Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit?

(Thanks for the feedback from everyone else too...)

Matt

#13 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm interested in any other uses someone comes up with, so if you ever do something, maybe let us know about it. There's a running "todo" list as well, but that's not public, so feel free to comment on how it's not working, but understand that we can't promise any kind of support, yada yada yada.

It could be also useful for getting a texture from a curved object. If it could make rewrapping, it helped retouching curved objects (like ribbons)...

#14 mzigaib

mzigaib

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hummm

I dont think I have visual studio on my machine, I'll check it out

I am using 32 bit on windows 7 x64

I'll post later about this

#15 mzigaib

mzigaib

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Still not working.

The funny thing is, it was.

The only difference is that I just update my windows 7 build 7057 to the 7100.

And now it's not working even after installing the visual studio.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users