this is the most advanced and biggest script thing i ever did. and now i need you to beta test this stuff.
what is it about?
these scripts will bring some kind of reference workflow to fusion. so you can add a comp to your current comp and and somebody else can work on the "referenced" comp. if this person has made changes you can just reload the "reference" and everything should be on the latest version.
if you have some complex comp as "reference" then you can choose to prerender the "reference" and work with this prerendered files. and of course you can always switch back to "LiveMode" (where the all tools are computed as needed)
what is the benefit to use the script?
well, this is a though question.
first i would say "yes, you can just render the "reference" and bring the result in as a loader. this works quiet good and flawless, even updates on the reference are quickly imported. but what if you want to make some changes quickly by yourself? then you have with my method the "reference" right in your comp and you can make these changes
second it is very easy to import and update the reference by script rather than import and update it by hand.
so here comes how to use it:
- download the zip file and bring all the files to its place
- in the "reference" comp add the G_Out fuse at the place where the output of the "reference" should be (if your "reference" needs an input there is also a G_In fuse) (see picture "step1")
- in your comp run the "add_comp" script and point to the script you want to "reference" (see pictures "step2" and "step3")
- now the script should create a group with all the tools of the "reference" within, but it will mess up the flowview of your comp. this is just a bug in the refresh function i do to add the user controls to the group (see picture "step4"). just save your comp, close it and reload
- now everything should be fine and you can work with the "reference", to switch from "LiveMode" to the prerender just use the provided button (see picture "step5")
- to use the prerender there should be a prerender. for this select the group and run the "Prerender_reference" script from the tool script menu (see picture "step6" and "step7")
- after the render is complete the group can use the prerendered files if you switch "LiveMode" off
- to reload the reference use the "reloadGroup" script (picture "step8"
- this script will scan the original directory for incremental saves of the "reference" comp and will pop up a dialog which version to load of incremtal saved versions were found (picture "step9)
- after this it should add a new group with the new tools and delete the old group, also here: please save, close and reload the comp to have no problems with the display of the flowview
stay with me after all this lines?
so i would like to have some feedback to this workflow. do you think its useable? is it a realistic approach to real world teamwork?
also please provide ideas, feedback and bugs (i know there are some, they must be there because is such a huge script)
other ideas and remarks are welcome