11 replies to this topic

#1 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

I've been creating camera shakes based on the conventional Transform tool from time to time and finally, decided to create a macro.

Not only the "Advanced" in the name distinguishes it from the standard CameraShake tool.
It involves two shake modifiers applied one to another with different frequency which makes the motion more complicated and controllable.
You can add even more complicity, assigning extra Shake modifier to the Transform/Motion parameter or to angle, scale.
Also, AdvancedCameraShake has all the functionality of the Transform tool. So, for example, you can zoom in a little bit and animate the Center (Motion) by hands to avoid black edges.

Attached File  AdvancedCameraShake_v01.setting   7.27KB   116 downloads

And, of course, a question:
Is it possible to rename the default "Controls" tab in a macro?
Creating new tabs is already no problem, but "Controls" is always there, even though I assign custom tabs to all the controls.

#2 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

wow, I'll give this tool a try tomorrow first thing.
Thanks, like always. ;)

#3 Whelkn

Whelkn

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

just been using it and love it man -- thanks a lot.

#4 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

A very important update!

Now the macro calculates the input image aspect and applies the shake equally in the vertical and horizontal direction. It's especially noticeable on images with great aspect ratios like HD (Image Aspect = 1.77(7)).

Besides, now you have an additional "Shake Aspect" control which can define how many times the vertical amplitude is greater than the horizontal.

Whether you like it or not, the Secondary Shake Influence was replaced with Shake Modulation Min / Max. It gives you more precise control over the secondary oscillation which modulates the main (primary) shake. This name also represents the process more exactly.

Attached Files

#5 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Sweet, I just used your macro on a project.
Thanks again Gringo. :D

#6 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Nice to know :)

Do you think it's worth adding another (secondary) spatial shake to the macro or it's OK to stack two macros or animate the Center in case you need more complicity?

The secondary shake in the previous version was actually amplitude modulation or amplitude shake for primary shake.

#7 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

Do you think it's worth adding another (secondary) spatial shake to the macro or it's OK to stack two macros or animate the Center in case you need more complicity?

The secondary shake in the previous version was actually amplitude modulation or amplitude shake for primary shake.

I had heard of spatial shake for camera shake removal.
I like the macro as-is, but adding some spatial shake would be nice, although I'm not sure if your eye would be able to tell the difference.

#8 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

I like the macro as-is, but adding some spatial shake would be nice, although I'm not sure if your eye would be able to tell the difference.

Isn't spatial just a fancy word for "in X and Y direction"?  Posted Image

#9 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Beats me...
I'm obviously not fancy enough... <_<

#10 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Yes, I meant spatial shake as the opposite to amplitude shake (shake modulation) :)

#11 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

In this version, automatic image aspect detection is temporarily disabled.
The previous version of the macro failed being put right after a Transform, Merge or Tracker node with the "Flatten Transform" turned off. That happened due to some peculiarities of internal concatenated transforms processing in Fusion. Once this issue is fixed in upcoming builds, I will restore the automatic image aspect detection.

Good news is that the weird Shake Aspect control has been removed and now you have three self-explaining parameters:
  • Image Aspect
  • X Shake Magnitude
  • Y Shake Magnitude
So, now you can control the horizontal and vertical components independently.

Attached Files

#12 Gringo

Gringo

Associate Administrator

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

This updated version automatically performs upscaling of the image to eliminate the black edges.
No need in increasing the Scale manually anymore.

Although, you can switch the Perform Automatic Upscaling checkbox off if you apply a complicated animation to the shake magnitude and modulation maximum.
This will let you avoid too obvious change of the framing in time.

The automatic image aspect detection is re-enabled.

Download link: http://vfxpedia.com/...e_v05-2.setting

Full description: http://vfxpedia.com/...ake_Description

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Macros, Transform, Gringo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users